Modesty

Modesty is a good state. It is the quality of being not proud or confident about yourself, and moderate in the estimation of one's ability. On the other hand, if someone slaps you, will you give him the other cheek out of modesty? If someone takes your land, will you succumb out of modesty? Are there limits or red lines for shyness or timidity?  

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If someone slaps me without acceptable reasons, of course I will slap him back. There are always red lines for everything and we must make stand against any kind of violence which will lead to torture and brutality if we still keep silence and giving in.
  • Khudaki ke gasam, main tum ku itifag hain. I agree with that. Some people like to use their fist at once. It's the strategy as you said. One of us should adopt a good and peaceful one. My friend, White Knight, we are in a hurry to carry out our things. We don't have any strategy. Thanks for your wise comment. 

• The resolution of conflict should be as peaceful as possible , it depends on the situation as to what strategy a person must adopt to resolve a problem.

• Donnobad Laboni! Thanks, my dear friend for pressing the like button of modesty.

• Asante sana Molemane! Thanks for pressing the like button. Can you add any addition to modesty? Thanks again, Mole.

• Tidak tidak Tantan! Allah said, ((Anyone who assaults you, you assault him the same way he assaults you)). Leave aside, being in a self-defense. Without any good reason, a person slabs me. Well, I cannot tolerate that. I have to, well, I don't have time for causes. My reaction will give back that hit. Thanks, Tan. I really appreciate your patience and being so religious. 

• Hello dara, i'm afraid to slap the other cheek, not because of the people who slaps me, but i'm afraid because God prohibit it.

• Suasdee Pint. I go with that too. Respect is very important for all of us. If we do not respect one another, it is going to be a  big problem between us.. Thanks for your wise comment.

• I think modesty is the way you act to show some respect to people around you and especially to yourself as being able to control your anger.

• My mistake, lovely Evangelina. I definitely agree with you. Respect is necessary between us. Laughing at people, provoking them will carry undesired results. Thanks Eva.

Evangelina said:
    Mr. Dara,

Modesty is very closely related with humility.

My opinion is, as far as it is even possible for us, we should always preserve another persons self respect, dignity and integrity - A person who is attentive of that is a true modest human being.

The limit goes exactly to there, where the particular person feels their boundaries are being crossed, and then when others don't have the filter to stop, yes, then we must make a stand.

PS: Mr. Dara, may I very modestly lead your attention to, that you have posted the same text above twice - correction maybe :))
    Modesty
    Modesty is a good state. It is the quality of being not proud or confident about yourself, and moderate in the estimation of one's ability. On the ot…
This reply was deleted.