Modesty

Modesty is a good state. It is the quality of being not proud or confident about yourself, and moderate in the estimation of one's ability. On the other hand, if someone slaps you, will you give him the other cheek out of modesty? If someone takes your land, will you succumb out of modesty? Are there limits or red lines for shyness or timidity?  

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Koy baat nahi, Rahul. Main samjgiya  tumara matlab. Don't worry about it, Rahul. I understood what you meant and as you noticed, I wrote justice instead of injustice. Thanks again.

Rahul Wazir said:

Sorry!!! I have made mistakes ..... 

It is ..... for the justice..........  OR ... against the injustice.... rather than fighting with them..... oops!!!! I have used wrong words :( 

Rahul Wazir said:

Hello, Dara gino jee!

In my opinion .... in this case ... if we take the help of law and order for the injustice rather than indulging with them that will be MODESTY. 

Though is it hard :) 

Modesty
    Modesty is a good state. It is the quality of being not proud or confident about yourself, and moderate in the estimation of one's ability. On the ot…
  • Mr. Dara,

Modesty is very closely related with humility.

My opinion is, as far as it is even possible for us, we should always preserve another persons self respect, dignity and integrity - A person who is attentive of that is a true modest human being.

The limit goes exactly to there, where the particular person feels their boundaries are being crossed, and then when others don't have the filter to stop, yes, then we must make a stand.

PS: Mr. Dara, may I very modestly lead your attention to, that you have posted the same text above twice - correction maybe :))
  • Main tum Ko itifag hain, Rahul. I agree with you. Justice should be carried out. Abiding by the law will avoid us plenty of troubles. Thanks Rahul for the comment.

Rahul Wazir said:

Hello, Dara gino jee!

In my opinion .... in this case ... if we take the help of law and order for the injustice rather than indulging with them that will be MODESTY. 

Though is it hard :) 

Modesty
    Modesty is a good state. It is the quality of being not proud or confident about yourself, and moderate in the estimation of one's ability. On the ot…
  • Tamapm ya ustath Salim. Alinsan lazim yakoon hazim. I really like that. Salim, I hope to be like you. Thanks for that comment.

SaLeM said:

2644000095?profile=original

Modesty
  • 2644000055?profile=original

• Meen fina yagbal alihana wa  thul, ya ustatha Sewar? No one accepts humiliation and insult. Some people don't have modesty. They are never shy. Of course, we can tolerate that kind of behavior under the name of modesty or shyness. Thanks Sewar for your nice and brave comment.  

sewar said:

Very nice topic my friend. I agree with the theory of unconditional modesty. In another words; if someone slapped me or heart one of my kids or took my wrights away from me, there will be no room for modesty, I can tell!!! God bless you my friend.

Modesty
  •      Very nice topic my friend. I agree with the theory of unconditional modesty. In another words; if someone slapped me or heart one of my kids or took my wrights away from me, there will be no room for modesty, I can tell!!! God bless you my friend.

• "Shoofi ya Bishoo. khaleek harifaa wa rawigi almanga. Ana aiz akoon wahid min asdigaik, mumkin? Thanks Bishoobil for your nice comment. I hope you accept  to be my friend."

bishoobill said:

nice point to talk about and its represent us well as a sudanease people .. right dar gingo?

Modesty
  •  nice point to talk about and its represent us well as a sudanease people .. right dar gingo?

•  Almuhim, ubtu taanyru ta sut Rosemary.  Thanks for your encouraging comments. 

Rosemary :) said:

Keep posting  ya dara  gino  :) 

Modesty
This reply was deleted.