Marriage of minors

The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their children, they are girls of age between seven, eight or up to twelve or thirteen. If you go to refugee camps, the matter is bigger than you can imagine. For the lack of food, shelter or education, people marry their girls. Some of these girls do not know what marriage is. Greedy ones are taking the advantage of the situations. Those who are rich offer their money for a nine-year-old girl. To add more petrol to the fire, there are some people who arrange these marriages, taking the need of the family and the demand of the other side who wants to satisfy his desire.

Is it because of poverty,  the absence of conscience or the wars?

Is there any remedy for this matter?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,dara

Ithink the phenomenon marriage of minors consider common nowdays 

specially in arabic and islamic countries, there are lot of reasons make 

It spread and take high numbers ,the economic situation first role which

Consider responsible for happening of this phenomenon ,then social ,culture 

level ,misunderstanding the real instructures islam ,unfortantely some fathers

They are push their girls to marry specially in rural reigions although their girls

Dont have suitable ages,and bodies to become mothers for childs, iknow some

Cases in my country happend ,the girl who marry man older her ,she was 11 ,her husband 36 ,the girl died after intercourses night as result of blooding .

• Merci beaucoup mon ami, Massal! You are very reasonable. Sensitizing people is not easy. It's a long and hard work. Thanks, Massal for your nice comment!

Massal Keita said:

So it is a good topic and good questions ,so from my opinion about first one, i think it can be  because of poverty  and custom because there are some ethnic group married their children in early age. and about last one : yes there is any remedy for this matter, to sensitized people who practice this kind of things.

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • So it is a good topic and good questions ,so from my opinion about first one, i think it can be  because of poverty  and custom because there are some ethnic group married their children in early age. and about last one : yes there is any remedy for this matter, to sensitized people who practice this kind of things.

• Shookran ya Esraa! Thanks, Esraa for pressing the like button and thanks for your add. I am really happy to be one of your friends. 

• Thanks, Steven Mehler for your comment! Ahasan Khundaker's comment was very short and to the point. He described it as a disease. I agreed with him. By the way, where have you been? I need your opinion about that discussion drugs, too. Thank you.

Steven Mehler said:

I totally agree with Ahasan Khundaker! This can be acceptable in no ways and for no reasons!

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • I totally agree with Ahasan Khundaker! This can be acceptable in no ways and for no reasons!

Ahasan Khundaker's Discussions
    Ahasan Khundaker's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
  • Khahish mikonam doste khbam Narin! For the age of twelve, it depends, some children at tweleve can reach puberty. The age of fifteen considered a grown woman. I married a child at 12, I was about thirty or thirty five. I have stated this point before, here in area, you can marry a child of 12 or 13 after she accepts and her parents approve that. The court will not object. Thanks Narin!

Narin said:

it is not really acceptable ,but unfortunately still we hear this kind of marriage specially in villages i think.of course not under 12 nowa days but i think even 15 and under it is not a good age for marriage.tnx for sharing .

Marriage of minors
  • it is not really acceptable ,but unfortunately still we hear this kind of marriage specially in villages i think.of course not under 12 nowa days but i think even 15 and under it is not a good age for marriage.tnx for sharing .

• Ya Mohammed janantani. Mashaa Allah! Mudakhala mumtazza jidan! Shunu ya akhi? Ana ma gailak kida. Fantastic intervention! I really liked the way you analyzed that discussion. In fact, it's lack of education to let two young people get married. Definitely, they will not be able to cope with their life. They have not had previous experience or any previous knowledge about it. Many points you have mentioned about the problem. We should take that into consideration. Compatibility is very necessary for the couple. Also, you have talked nicely about their sexual relationship. Thanks for your time and nice comment on that discussion, the marriage of minors. I really appreciate it.             

Mohammed Ahmed said:

The disadvantages of marriage of minors are stated below
    Lack of Understanding:
    How can two individuals (got married) understand each other at too young ages? Well, that is quite difficult; the level of understanding is only developed when the boy and girl are too mature to understand the things and their environment. In case, they are not given time for it, they would surely have to face lack of understanding.
    Lack of Compatibility:
    Many of the wedding relations get destroyed just due to lack of compatibility. Two young individuals, who even don’t know each other and their habits are totally varying, are pushed to live together. This increases the chances of low leveled mental compatibility thus destroy their lives.
    Become Young Parents:
    Becoming a young parent is easy but how would a boy or girl would grow the baby efficiently? The times when the boy is not earning much for the baby and wife, or the girl is not able to become a successful mother because she has no idea of how to raise the child up, would be really sophisticated. Becoming young parents means they would have to act like mature parents for the newborn baby and face the life’s challenges
    Difficulties of Finance:
    The time a boy gets married at early age of his life, he knows that he needs a lot of money and a permanent job to get sufficient finance for the family. Difficulties in finance arise when such a boy is not much educated and limited job opportunities are available.

Earlier Sexual Relationship:
    it’s not good from a health point of view. Chances are there that you won’t be able to follow the precautionary measures during sexual relation and as a result various health issues can arise.
    Lack of Education:
    The children who get married early usually face the problems of lack of education. It is a fact that education is the foundation of life and the survival of an individual without it is not possible, but how can a boy or girl get educated when the marriage is held too early. This becomes the responsibility of the parents to get their children properly educated so that they can face the challenges of tomorrow in an effective way.
    Marriage of minors
This reply was deleted.