Marriage of minors

The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their children, they are girls of age between seven, eight or up to twelve or thirteen. If you go to refugee camps, the matter is bigger than you can imagine. For the lack of food, shelter or education, people marry their girls. Some of these girls do not know what marriage is. Greedy ones are taking the advantage of the situations. Those who are rich offer their money for a nine-year-old girl. To add more petrol to the fire, there are some people who arrange these marriages, taking the need of the family and the demand of the other side who wants to satisfy his desire.

Is it because of poverty,  the absence of conscience or the wars?

Is there any remedy for this matter?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The disadvantages of marriage of minors are stated below
    Lack of Understanding:
    How can two individuals (got married) understand each other at too young ages? Well, that is quite difficult; the level of understanding is only developed when the boy and girl are too mature to understand the things and their environment. In case, they are not given time for it, they would surely have to face lack of understanding.
    Lack of Compatibility:
    Many of the wedding relations get destroyed just due to lack of compatibility. Two young individuals, who even don’t know each other and their habits are totally varying, are pushed to live together. This increases the chances of low leveled mental compatibility thus destroy their lives.
    Become Young Parents:
    Becoming a young parent is easy but how would a boy or girl would grow the baby efficiently? The times when the boy is not earning much for the baby and wife, or the girl is not able to become a successful mother because she has no idea of how to raise the child up, would be really sophisticated. Becoming young parents means they would have to act like mature parents for the newborn baby and face the life’s challenges
    Difficulties of Finance:
    The time a boy gets married at early age of his life, he knows that he needs a lot of money and a permanent job to get sufficient finance for the family. Difficulties in finance arise when such a boy is not much educated and limited job opportunities are available.

Earlier Sexual Relationship:
    it’s not good from a health point of view. Chances are there that you won’t be able to follow the precautionary measures during sexual relation and as a result various health issues can arise.
    Lack of Education:
    The children who get married early usually face the problems of lack of education. It is a fact that education is the foundation of life and the survival of an individual without it is not possible, but how can a boy or girl get educated when the marriage is held too early. This becomes the responsibility of the parents to get their children properly educated so that they can face the challenges of tomorrow in an effective way.
  • Thanks, Thanh Truce Sara and Francis Olabode Subair for pressing the like button!

• Merci beaucoup mon ami! Pas de quoi Toure. I understand, we are all busy with our lives. I like your phrase,  problem in a problem. Does any religion permit such criminal act? In one of my replies to one of my friends,  I said that I married a thirteen year old girl. I got both her consent and her parents approval. Here, the judge will not interfere. I would wait for this child to grow and reach her puberty and then I could make love to her. That is of course, after the marriage contract had been signed. Thanks, Toure for your nice comment!

TOURE said:

HELLO & receive please all my apologies for the time I made without giving my feedback.
    In my opinion marriage of minnors is due to many phenomena(poverty, absence of conscience, wars).
    Authorities, politics &religious leaders must keep this problem on their hand & fight it out of the world.
    Somewhere parents tell that "We are not in an epoch" to convince each other. It means that they are afaraid of today's men(boys & girls). At the least of opportunities they made girls pregnant.
    AH ! THIS IS PROBLEM IN PROBLEM AGAIN.

Thank you very mauch DARA an have a nice day !!!

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • HELLO & receive please all my apologies for the time I made without giving my feedback.
    In my opinion marriage of minnors is due to many phenomena(poverty, absence of conscience, wars).
    Authorities, politics &religious leaders must keep this problem on their hand & fight it out of the world.
    Somewhere parents tell that "We are not in an epoch" to convince each other. It means that they are afaraid of today's men(boys & girls). At the least of opportunities they made girls pregnant.
    AH ! THIS IS PROBLEM IN PROBLEM AGAIN.

Thank you very mauch DARA an have a nice day !!!

• Min aslak attaib ya Kader, ya rait kul annas zaik. Shookran bizzaf! Some rich old people have nothing to do but to satisfy their personal desires. They think that it's out of manhood to do so. Some of them want their youth to be back. My friend, Mishaikh, Rahul and many others suggested hard punishment upon those who marry a child under eighteen. As you know, in our Arab countries, we do not have this kind of punishment because if she accepts and her parents agree, the judge does not interfere. Thank you! 

Kadertop07 said:

Oh Dara, unfortunately is really happening. My heart breaks when i listening something like this. Soو you have touched with all boldness a very important subject that many people fear to talk about it. I agree with you about poverty, the absence of conscience and the wars but i add some thing is the legal deterrence. If there is a good responsable that manage this refugee camps, i don't think this can happing.
    I ask God help them

Your brother for ever Abdel Kader

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • Halet chetore Mohammad? Lack of wisdom, lack of reason. I told my friends, Prabhat and engineer Khan about it. The men who passed fifty or sixty like to go back to be young again. In order to do so, they marry a child of twelve or thirteen. The old and bad habits should be forgotten. At the age of nine or say, thirteen, the child is not yet ready to perform sexual acts. If you marry her at that age, you can keep her until she is ready for it. Minimum, when she reaches fourteen or fifteen. Thanks, my dear good friend for your nice intervention!    

dara gino said:

Khaili mumnoon doste khobam! I shall answer you after I finish praying. Thanks in advance Mohammad!

★ Muhammad A. said:

lack of wisdom is the main problem.

Here in Iran, most of the girls marry around 18-20 years old or more.

But it's true that this problem exists in every corner of the globe.

but it's also right that bad culture makes it worse like pre-Islamic Arabian Culture which unfortunately exists today.

Marriage of minors
  • Oh Dara, unfortunately is really happening. My heart breaks when i listening something like this. Soو you have touched with all boldness a very important subject that many people fear to talk about it. I agree with you about poverty, the absence of conscience and the wars but i add some thing is the legal deterrence. If there is a good responsable that manage this refugee camps, i don't think this can happing.
    I ask God help them

Your brother for ever Abdel Kader

• Khaili mumnoon doste khobam! I shall answer you after I finish praying. Thanks in advance Mohammad!

★ Muhammad A. said:

lack of wisdom is the main problem.

but it's also right that bad culture makes it worse like pre-Islamic Arabian Culture which unfortunately exists today.

Marriage of minors
  • lack of wisdom is the main problem.

• Shiksha, jee, main  samajgiya mukhy karaak hain. I told engineer khan, a minute ago that education can be among the factors too. Most readers pressed on the lack of education factor. It's important for us all. Thanks, Prabhat for your time and comment! 

Prabhat said:

Talking about proverty it's not solving this matter parents should be aware of this
    they should be conscience about this
    it's all about lack of education

Marriage of minors
This reply was deleted.