Marriage of minors

The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their children, they are girls of age between seven, eight or up to twelve or thirteen. If you go to refugee camps, the matter is bigger than you can imagine. For the lack of food, shelter or education, people marry their girls. Some of these girls do not know what marriage is. Greedy ones are taking the advantage of the situations. Those who are rich offer their money for a nine-year-old girl. To add more petrol to the fire, there are some people who arrange these marriages, taking the need of the family and the demand of the other side who wants to satisfy his desire.

Is it because of poverty,  the absence of conscience or the wars?

Is there any remedy for this matter?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In indonesia, if there is a man marries an under age girl, he will be jailed, i agree with Mishaikh that the men who marry under age girls should be punished. I may discrease the problem of urder age marriage
  • Ake baar phir danyawaad Chitra! Here, we can marry a woman once it reaches the age of puberty, even before she reaches ten years. That depends on her acceptance and her parent's approval as well. This child is going to become your wife and the woman who raises your children for you. We leave her until she reaches the age of maturity and then she will be ready for the sexual intercourse with her husband. Chitra, I am trying to give you some idea about how it goes in certain circumstances, here. Some girls at ten look like grown women. I hope that people don't misinterpret my intention. Thanks, Chitra!

Chitra said:

dara gino said:

Danyawaad Chitra! I noticed that in India. The number is increasing every day. What about the government? Isn't there a law to punish those criminals. I have a solution, Chitra. Why doesn't the Indian government fix the dowery? for instance, fix the rate of ten thousand for each marriage. Thanks, Chitra for your useful and thoughtful comment! 

Chitra said:

Yes.....This is the main problem in India.I think poverty is the only reason for this.The second reason is the dowry system.....the social evil , affects most of the middle class family.If the literacy rate is increased ,marriage of minors will be lowered....it's my opinion.

Hi  friend...

Marrying a minor is a  punishable offence in India.But the main problem is nobody complaint about it if they noticed such illegal act.Fixing a standard amount as a dowry is impossible thing, because dowry  depends upon groom's education , job,salary, status and even appearance.

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • Vanakkam Kal! Neer nalavar. Look Kal, don't tell the members about this. I married a thirteen-year-old girl about twenty years ago. I was about thirty or thirty-five. She was not yet a grown woman. of course, that happened according to her acceptance and the approval of her parents and the rest of the family. If you tell this story to the members of the club, they will attack me fiercely. In our societies, once the girl reaches puberty, you can marry her. We do not have to go to the old ages. The matter does not relate to Religion or justice by any mean. It's our dirty minds that create it. Thanks Kal!   

Kal said:

Dear sir,Dara,

In my country, under 18 marriages are illegal. Nobodies can marry under 18 girl or boy. Both parties with agreeing or not, If somebody needs it, they must wait until complete the age. But I’ve heard about this type of circumstance in many countries. Those are very injustice and irreligion facts. I see it, the men pulling back to the era of aboriginal(barbaric).

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • Dear sir,Dara,

In my country, under 18 marriages are illegal. Nobodies can marry under 18 girl or boy. Both parties with agreeing or not, If somebody needs it, they must wait until complete the age. But I’ve heard about this type of circumstance in many countries. Those are very injustice and irreligion facts. I see it, the men pulling back to the era of aboriginal(barbaric).

• Sain bain oo Erza, no religion ever tells like that, and no nation or society ever approve of that. The lady, Evangelina, Mr. Mishaikh, Rahul, Williams, Diah, Tushar, Rose and many others, I could not remember all of them, they all stated that education was one of the main factors. Thanks, Erza for your short and meaningful comment on the marriage of minors!    

ⓔⓡⓩⓐ said:

Is this what religion tells people to do?I don't think so but what i can't get is that the lack of people questioning this catastrophe in those societies..
    Marriage of minors
  • Maraming salamat, Mar! Ibig sabihin, kahirapan, ay hindi ito? It's about poverty, the absence of conscience, and the war. Does hatred create war? Greed, corruption, name whatever you like, they all come together to bring that problem to our society. Hey Mar, you are using suitable expressions for that good intervention of yours. Look at this one, 'concupiscent'. It's the worst thing of all to take advantage of the situations. I told my friends that those people use the troubled water to get their fish.Thanks, Mar for your meaningful comment!

Mar said:

As a matter of fact it is a cause of poverty, the absence of conscience, and the war. Why?

People now is full of hate,  that's why there is a war. People now is full of greed and corruption, that's why there is poverty. People now is full of concupiscent, that is why there was a lot of victims: rape, minor children has been marriage on their young age, because evil people taking the advantage of the situations.

Marriage of minors
  • As a matter of fact it is a cause of poverty, the absence of conscience, and the war. Why?

People now is full of hate,  that's why there is a war. People now is full of greed and corruption, that's why there is poverty. People now is full of concupiscent, that is why there was a lot of victims: rape, minor children has been marriage on their young age, because evil people taking the advantage of the situations.

• Xin chao Hoanglien, toi quen mat, could you add me to the list of your friends? I hope to be one of your friends. Thanks again, for your comment on the marriage of minors! 

dara gino said:

Cam on Hoanglien! You are the first person to use that sentence, (it robs their learning opportunity and dream) I really like that very much. What a lovely and meaningful words. If you are robbed of your learning and your dreams, what else can you do? I agree with you, the government should help the poor and make a plan for the economy to get better. Thanks, Hoanglien for your nice and useful comment on that problem!

hoanglien said:

The marriage of underage is big problem, it robs their learning opportunity and dream. The poverty is not an error that are their parent's knowledge . Parents should be responsible to their children, giving them the opportunity to study in any way. The government should help  the poor by utility solution such as the poverty reduction plan, sporting to do economy.

Marriage of minors
  • Cam on Hoanglien! You are the first person to use that sentence, (it robs their learning opportunity and dream) I really like that very much. What a lovely and meaningful words. If you are robbed of your learning and your dreams, what else can you do? I agree with you, the government should help the poor and make a plan for the economy to get better. Thanks, Hoanglien for your nice and useful comment on that problem!

hoanglien said:

The marriage of underage is big problem, it robs their learning opportunity and dream. The poverty is not an error that are their parent's knowledge . Parents should be responsible to their children, giving them the opportunity to study in any way. The government should help  the poor by utility solution such as the poverty reduction plan, sporting to do economy.

Marriage of minors
  • Unfortunately, it exists. They are not stupid, but they are selfish. They know very well about their child vulnerability and fragileness. still, they give their child to a beast in the shape of a human. Thanks, Ella!

ella said:

i can't believe that exist such cruel, heartless, selfish and stupid parents..
    Marriage of minors
This reply was deleted.