Marriage of minors

The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their children, they are girls of age between seven, eight or up to twelve or thirteen. If you go to refugee camps, the matter is bigger than you can imagine. For the lack of food, shelter or education, people marry their girls. Some of these girls do not know what marriage is. Greedy ones are taking the advantage of the situations. Those who are rich offer their money for a nine-year-old girl. To add more petrol to the fire, there are some people who arrange these marriages, taking the need of the family and the demand of the other side who wants to satisfy his desire.

Is it because of poverty,  the absence of conscience or the wars?

Is there any remedy for this matter?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Khaili khob Saba! I guess so too. Lack of kindness can cause a lot of unpleasant things to the society. Thanks for your nice and succinct comment!
    saba said:

The marriage of minors is due to cruelty and lack of kindness. 

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • The marriage of minors is due to cruelty and lack of kindness. 

• Ifcharisto Eva! Let me get between you and Mr. Mishaikh. Do not try to find any excuses for them. Believe me, the matter doesn't need a great deal of education. If you see the intervention of our German poet friend, lady Rose, there is no excuse for those people. Imagine an old man who seduces a fifteen or a twenty year old girl. You cannot use policy or democracy with that type of people. I will let Mr. Mishaikh to give his own point of view. Thanks, my dear good friend, Evangelina!

Evangelina said:
    Mishaikh,

I read your comments.

About punishment, I do not believe in it, and I am quite sure you doesn't either, the impression I got of you.

I guess, what we both are trying to say here is... where diplomacy and democracy ends because of this reason - these terms are a "city in Russia", for those people.

"A city in Russia", is a saying we use here, it means;

"A place where they speaks something incomprehensible and unknown"

In other words, people who behave such ways, either do not know or completely deliberately ignore acting that way, so the only option left is to teach them by speaking their own language and that is by punishment,... but I think such people will never understand or make different choices regardless and no matter.

About the justice system, you expressed it so well, and I do agree with you, it is just like rings in water, if the inner core is intact - The justice system - the same attitude will also spread to the rest of the population.

Everything in this world is somehow contagious... the bad, the good.
    Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • Tee kanish Eva? One of the members, Mr. Abdennour said, religion had nothing to do with it. Among some communities they consider it as a symbol of proudness. A fifty or a seventy year old man was proud to a child.

Evangelina said:
    Sir Dara,

To answer your question, I link my answer with Rose's comment that such things can happen everywhere around the globe... so, it is I do not believe it is something Religious based.

Though, I do believe such things happens more some places than others.
    Marriage of minors
  • Shones leid Rose. I liked Betina Wegner voice. It's so warm and the translation of lyrics made it easy for me to understand. Your heart is very big, Rose. Those children, I mean our children like trusteeship in our hands. According to Betina's words, Kinder, they are very small helpless creatures. Their hands, mouthes, eyes, ears and backbones. Everything about them tells you about their weakness. We should take good care of them. Thanks Rose for your nice video and for the translation of that lovely song. Two thumbs up for you, my dear good friend. Thank you!

Rose said:

I have heard  a song ... already mayn years ago. This song tells about kids and what we never should do. She wrote the song for her children, but also specially for adults.

It wasnt sung particular about that special topic but I want you to listen to it.

It's a song written by a German woman. Unfortunately, there doesn't exist an English version of that song. So I have translated the lyrics as good as I was able.

https://youtu.be/fcdkwdfz0GA

Children

Are such small hands
    with such tiny fingers.
    Shouldn't be beaten
    because they will break then.

Are so small feet
    With such little toes.
    Shouldn't be kicked
    Otherwise they could not go.

Are so small ears
    Sharp, and you allow.
    Shouldn't be shouted
    because they become deaf.

Are so small mouths
    Speak everything out.
    May never be forbidden
    because they become mute.

Are so clear eyes
    which still see everything.
    May never be blindfolded
    They wouldn understand it.

Are so small souls
    Open and quite free.
    May never be tortured
    They become broken by it.

It's such a small backbone
    you can't hardly see.
    Never may been bended
    because otherwise it breaks.

The existence of straight clear people
    would be a nice goal.
    People without backbone
    We already have too many.

Marriage of minors
  • I have heard  a song ... already mayn years ago. This song tells about kids and what we never should do. She wrote the song for her children, but also specially for adults.

It wasnt sung particular about that special topic but I want you to listen to it.

It's a song written by a German woman. Unfortunately, there doesn't exist an English version of that song. So I have translated the lyrics as good as I was able.

https://youtu.be/fcdkwdfz0GA

Children

Are such small hands
    with such tiny fingers.
    Shouldn't be beaten
    because they will break then.

Are so small feet
    With such little toes.
    Shouldn't be kicked
    Otherwise they could not go.

Are so small ears
    Sharp, and you allow.
    Shouldn't be shouted
    because they become deaf.

Are so small mouths
    Speak everything out.
    May never be forbidden
    because they become mute.

Are so clear eyes
    which still see everything.
    May never be blindfolded
    They wouldn understand it.

Are so small souls
    Open and quite free.
    May never be tortured
    They become broken by it.

It's such a small backbone
    you can't hardly see.
    Never may been bended
    because otherwise it breaks.

The existence of straight clear people
    would be a nice goal.
    People without backbone
    We already have too many.

• Xie xie Lee! Sometimes circumstances can force the person to be in such camps, but this is not the question. The question is, what would you do if you had such an act? You never know, Mr. Lee. Life can change and change in different colors. It does not go according to our wishes. Thanks, Lee for your comment!    

Lee said:

What can you count on when you live in refugee camps? No comment.

Marriage of minors
  • What can you count on when you live in refugee camps? No comment.

• Hajjah mulimah ya Abdullah. Alwahid lazim yakoon natheef. We must clean ourselves from these diseases. Taking advantage of the poor is a sin. Thanks for your add and comment on that discussion!   

Abdullah said:

It is awful ,when some people take advantage of others' poverty to satisfy their sexual instincts.
    This is not a marriage.It is a kind of human trafficking
    Marriage of minors
  • Feelin danke Rose! Ich istemme dir zu. Such crimes should be dealt with absolute firmness and determination. Strict and harsh punishment are also necessary as you mentioned. I agree that men who commit such crimes are sick with despising behavior. The society must fight them and be clear about that kind of attitude. Unless we treat those criminals with firmness, they will continue to do their dirty work. Your opinion was very clear and right. I know a man who married a thirteen-year-old girl. He was fifty-nine. People used to say, was she his granddaughter? 

Rose said:

None excuses for marriages with minors!!! Every single excuse is a crime within itself. Kids must be protected. We haven't to think about reasons. Every single faked reason is just a weak attempt to excuse crime.
    To speak clearly : Men which marry kids are just sick with a rotten brain, controlled and driven by  perverse sexual impulses and lusts. You can find that kind of men everywhere... men they have joy and desire to abuse kids for their sick desire. Not all of them marry the minors. Men which marry them are just the tip of this cruel and despising behavior ...   much higher is the number of men they rape or abuse minors ... secretly and sneaky ... they treat them like goods, things ... not like humans with a vulnerable soul and bleeding heart.
    Law should punish everyone of them .... hard without mercy ... no excuses are accepted ... because there are none.. That's my opinion.

Marriage of minors
This reply was deleted.