Love is...

• running down the stairs to give your parents a second goodnight hug and kiss.
  • getting a text from your hubby asking you to meet him for a midday coffee.
  • smiling at a stranger who looks like she's having a bad day.

Your turn...

Image by @ShellTerrell via ELTpics

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• True love never work alone. It brings: joy, happiness, respect, to mention but a few. With love you can accomplish your goals. Thanks for discussing this...
  • Dear people! If I believed in fairy tales, I would say love is a miracle. But I don't. I am a scholar and I know that love is a biochemical reaction, whether you like it or not. It is of no matter, because it is the truth.  When we happen to feel it, it makes  us fly and feel "butterflies in a stomach". But it always passes away. What lefts is our respect (if there any), ability to understand and our desire to feel it once again. Of course, I mean love to men. As to our kids, love will die with us. I have never had my own kids but I adopted my niece and I am trying to do everything for her to be happy. Love is one of the most valuable feeling. Those who never experieced it are  mentally poor.

Tara, thanks for starting this discussion!

Happy Women's Day!

• Nice explanation for love! :)

I can say love is meeting of souls.. There are some people who live inside us, we never can forget them even if they are not around. =)

• True love is eternal.

• Love is everything it's cracked up to be… It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.(Erica Jong)

http://aquotation.com/quote/erica-jong/love-everything-cracked-up-b...

Famous Quotes from famous people
    Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.
  •  Love is lending a hand to people when they are down until they stand up again. :) 

• Love is looking at your beloved- mom,daddy,and hubby- lovingly, with no words said. 

Love is staring at a baby asleep.

Love is smiling.

Love is the sea at peace.

Love is the clean, cloudless and blue sky.

Love is pure water.

Love is smelling a flower.

• Love is a big art of forgiveness and patience. And also it is a big trust.

• Wow! You all know a lot about love. Next Valentine's Day I'll try to do something special on EC with these responses. You have a year to keep them coming...

• Love is dropping a comment on a friend's blog especially when no one has written anything on it yet. Very simple but not very easy to make other people happy.

This reply was deleted.