ADVANCED LEARNERS: I am a native speaker of English and an English teacher on EnglishClub. I enjoy teaching learners at all skill levels.  So far, I have met a lot of beginning and intermediate level learners. Now I'd like to meet advanced learners. We can interact online or on Skype. Advanced learners, if you're interested, please enter this discussion and tell me what are of English learning you are most interested in. I look forward to participating in this new community.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for telling mw that I'm in timezone -4 GMT.

• I need to clarify some things. I will talk to people one at a time. If you're interested, please let me know, and tell me what time zone you're in. I will have two conversations with anyone for free, and after that, you will need to pay me for each lesson.

• Hi Teacher Pauline!

This is an interesting activity. I'd love to join your discussion, but I'm not quite sure if I have an advanced level in English. Also, it looks like we have 11 hours time difference. If time permits, I'll try to join on your Skype activity.

I learned that speaking English with the aid of a native speaker challenges me to improve my listening skill and pronunciation. I'd take this activity as a one time offer since it's rare for an English teacher to conduct a lesson for free.

Thank you for your kind offer!

Cheers!

Robbie : )

• We can schedule a time for a one on one Skype talk. Please let me know what is a good time for you. Where do you live?

Your written English is very good.

• I'm from the Philippines, Teacher Pauline. GMT+8 is my time. I usually online around 6pm here in my country, but it's too early for you in New York. Perhaps I'll adjust my time so you can accommodate me. How about 11pm here? I checked my mobile phone again for the world time and there was a 13 hours time difference. Probably because of DST?

Thank you for replying! : )

• Robbie,

I checked again, and the time difference is now 12 hours. I wanted to be sure that we would be on the same day when we talk. Thanks for your offer to adjust your time.  11PM in the Philippines is 11 AM in Washington DC. (I live just outside of Washington DC.) That would be very convenient for me. What day is good for you?

Pauline

• Robbie,

Yes, EST and DST are confusing. I just checked our time difference on World Time Zone Converter at http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzstandard.php?sorttb=CountryID&... As I see it, we are now 12 hours apart because here we are in DST. http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=10182&form... Please check it and see whether you agree with me. Then we can schedule a time to talk.

I see that you are very active on EnglishClub. It will be nice to get to know you better.

Pauline

• Hi Teacher!

I have checked our time on the link you provided, and noticed that we still have 12 hours apart. I'd appreciate if you could render even just an hour to talk with me since I understand that you're conducting private lessons to other learners.

Thanks in advance!

Have a wonderful new week ahead! : )

Robbie

• NancyAntonieta, you are the first person from the Americas that I have met on this site. I'd be happy to talk to you. I don't remember my time zone relative to GMT, but I am in the same time zone as New York, US.

• We can schedule a time to talk. I don't remember my time zone relative to GMT, but I am in the same time zone as New York, US. Does that make sense to you? If so, could you please tell me my time zone relative to GMT? I think it's -4 or -5.

This reply was deleted.