Living in another country.

Theresa is a foreigner living in Britain.She went to Great Britain to study English , so she thought it'd be a good idea to go there to practice the language, and become acquainted with the people.She lives in Cambrigde . She likes the place where she lives, the rhythm  of life . She also likes the way they respect your privacy,your independence. She dislikes the 

fact that you can't make friends easily.Sometimes may feel lonely.She thinks that you mustn't compare your country with the foreign one but have an open mind.She doesn't miss anything about Spain because she visits it quite often.

She sometimes says that people complain about the weather but it's rather topical. It's usually dull,,misty and humid.

A lot of foreigners  complain about  English food. She lives on her own and she can cook  herself so she doesn't care much about it.

Which country would you like to visit and why?

What does she like or doesn't like  about Great Britain ?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice blog. I've never been abroad before but I would love to live in Italy for a while why well , like Italian culture ,food,old places And Italian language it's really poetic .
  • Imagination of living in another country is like a nightmare. I was offered twice in my life for job with attractive package in abroad, but I refused for this reason. I prefer living with family to anything.
  • Living in another country is good for you to experience, even if you don't like that country. It gives you the chance to learn about different customs and different ways of thinking.
  • Luci at the moment I am in Karachi, but have to visit shortly.  Just imagine, the COLD WEATHER (may be showing), all the other members of my family leave for jobs, I am stuck alone in the house.  Can't go out because of rough weather.  What would you like about that except the good people around and the books in the house to read. (I do not know driving car).  LOL!

Luci said:

MISHAIKH :D Gimme that house as u like only one thing abt USA and have to suffer there in own houseee!
      Theresa is a foreigner living in Britain.She went to Great Britain to study English , so she thought it'd be a good idea to go there to practice th…
  • MISHAIKH :D Gimme that house as u like only one thing abt USA and have to suffer there in own houseee!
  • Hello Anastasia! This is a first-hand experience for me, as I am living now in the foreign land, 4 years ago I never thought of going outside and work there, maybe only on vacation, but look at me now, coping their traditions and laws, well, doesn't hurt that much. 

Given a chance, would like to visit Brazil and Spain, because I have so many brethren there plus it will not be difficult for me to eat Spanish food for the reason that I am almost accustomed to it. Also, New Zealand, actually I want to settle there, feed the cows and get some milk from them...haha.

What I really dislike about UK, Brazil, Spain and NZ is their winter season, I want to see snow, on tv's and magazines..hahaha! If I could experience Autumn then right after is Summer, I would be very happy. :D

Thanks for sharing Anastasia! (cute name!)

• I used to visit USA, we have our own house there in Baltimore MD.  I only like about USA, is DISCIPLINE (Except New York).

Thanks Ana for sharing this discussion.

Once I visited Manchester, long time ago.  I didn't like it very much, I found elders there too quiet, on the contrary youths (especially girls 'chatters').

• Why is she Spanish? :D I bet Estanis and Mary can't stand this as I read their comments! :D They are pure, devoted nationalists and I am proud of them! I wanna visit USA, Australia, New Zealand and I have 3 classmates living in the UK and ofc they dislike weather and miss our special tough sense of humour :p
  • Looooool....!!! Totally agree! Down with the carpets in bathrooms hahahaha....
    Btw, I survived during a whole month with 'fish & chips' you can't imagine how I missed my 'tortilllas de patatas' (Spanish
    omelette)

MARY said:

If she's from Spain, she's missing the food for sure :P

And I can tell you something she doesn't like as well and you didn't metion: fitted carpet/moquette in the bathroom! This is a serious messages for british people: Guys/Mates... Is time to get over that fitted carpet obsession! 

Theresa is a foreigner living in Britain.She went to Great Britain to study English , so she thought it'd be a good idea to go there to practice th…
  • dara gino, Donald Trump would be glad to hire you to give speeches in Mexico

dara gino's Discussions
    dara gino's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
This reply was deleted.