Have you ever experienced the situation, when somebody you considered a friend of yours betrayed you? In real life it of course hurts so much but what about in virtual life?Some people behave on the Internet irresponsibly, anonymously, which give them special power to be more rude, two-faced or not trustworthy. It is all about, how mature people are and if they can communicate in polite way with others - don't you think?Some people say virtual people shouldn't be taken so seriously but aren't they the same people with feelings like these real ones next to you?So, I just wonder, why there are people, who misuse virtuality, play with others and eventually think.. pff this isn't real, it is just some stupid virtuality and I am killing my boredom here...What do you think about it, guys? Do you have such experience?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thanks, Rosemary

• Luci they are 'cowardly psychopath'.  Try to spit their inner filth on other while afraid to come out in reality. But their miserability is nothing but to ignore.  "ignoring" is a real torture for them.  

It is a very sensitive topic.  

• Bravo, Rahul, you did hit the nail exactly on its head. Very good comment on that topic.  

• I do agree with u virtual people avail the privilages of this dimension . In the way that they could hide their identity , age , race and even gender more , while cyber loafing . They pick up there victims carefully , among those weak personalities or youngesters without experience . This place isn't that for true feelings ,emotion
    Or strong bonds . It is that for accomplishing certain agendas or goals . But I don't want to smear the reputation of cyber people , because , I have met many great people online , who taught me wonderful things and shared some of their knowledge , personal experience with me . They only defect of their friendship is that they may disappear in seconds leaving u questioning " what was wrong "
    And , yes I don't take things online seriously 2 I learned this

• You know, Luci? I don't think there is a difference between real and virtual life... I mean being cheated by friends.

But I will make a difference whom we should call a friend. Friends are not people whose names only has been added in a file of a site of a virtual chat room, or in social websites as there are Facebook, Instagram, or even here in MyEnglishClub, or wherever.

Of course, we meet lots of people we like and sometimes but not so often some of them became friends for us. Friendship takes time for its development. Friendship is a relationship that needs unconditional trust when we want to keep the friendship for our entire life. False friends are risks.

We have a proverb here in Germany.
    We say, "Be attentional, someone who pretends today to be your friend can be your worst enemy tomorrow."

If someone cheats us or just disappoints us, there is only one single difference. If someone cheats us in our real life, we can ask him for an explanation. In virtual life, that person can escape through cutting off all our connections.

I have met many people from different places around the world in my "virtual life" since I learn English and I can say, some of them became friends. (Before learning English, I wasn't used to chatting with virtual media.)We can't  protect ourselves before disappointments, so I got disappointed also and I find it even as a kind of cheating. It was cheating on a years-long friendship, at least I thought so. To err is human! Such happenings are lessons for life and these lessons make us be more careful.
    I am not longer disappointed. I got my lessons. That's all. I am happy, because, I also found good friends and I even had met them in reality.

The moral is, be careful when you want to trust someone, keep your secrets and don't waste too many feelings if you are not sure of a person.

• I do agree with Emma. If we are closer enough to that virtual person then we are more risky to get hurt of his/her behave. I personally ever felt that bcos however we basically are just human and have feelings. But I don't give a sh*t to the virtual people who arent closer to me and say rude things toward me. It just waste my time. If they want to battle me, better in real world :) cos I like a real challange hahah
  • I guess it depends on how deeply you get attached to virtual people. I have never felt hurt by someone in virtual world, probably because I've been lucky enough so far. It's not surprising there are people who take advantage of virtuality, the same bastards exist in real world as well. We meet different kind of people in our real lives, so do we in net. Some of them are good, others-not so much. One thing is for sure,if you let someone in your heart, you risk being hurt at some point, no matter if it comes to real or virtual life.

• Rahul,

in the first paragraph I talk abt being betrayed..

Second paragraph explained that there are ppl who behave not twice smart - ofc these ppl are those who hurt others

Third paragraph describes that these bastards can hurt others with their behaviour

Fourth paragraph is about how these people who hurt others take it ..

Damn :D it is clear nah?
  • Onee.. I agree with you and I would say that maybe thanx to the fact that we have never met virtual people such offence or betrayel don't hurt us that much in comparison to somebody real, whom we have known for ages...this is the only difference I can see here..

I would say, it is all about balance and how much we involved ourself in it...

Thank you so much for your reply ;)
  • "Eyes do not see, but heart is somehow real ." *my melancholic comment. :)

To be honest, I ever felt hurt, but I don't keep it in a long time. So is in my real life. Being hurt is our choice as NO ONE CAN HURT YOU WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT. :)

This reply was deleted.