Replies

• Yeah, I completely agree with u, in that case u do it seriously, u try to use common words, which could be easily understood by the public.

• Particularly, that has been the main method I have used in my self- training program. I have listened hours and hours of lectures in my mp3 player, taken notes and kept a diary. I don't know for sure if reading qualifies as a personal English practice, but that is something I have done the most lately. Also watching movies ( better listening to them) is a good way that I have found to increase my level. However nothing has overcome the worth the interaction has as a mean to improve. It has really had a great impact in my fluency and command of English. As a self-taught I whole-heartedly recommend to use English every day to develop your thinking abilities, which are the foundation of a good English command.

• It is possible indeed.. In this we we make our tongue fluent and many ideas can be created by doing so.. by recording our voice is best way to detect our mistake while we are speaking ourselves.. we need to work out on all skills together to improving swiftly..

• Well I think it's possible but slow. We need to interact with other people in order to create classical conditioning in speaking English. Therefore, we can respond instantly when talking with other people like in our mother language.

• Every thing is possible in this world. we can use all off thing around us.

• Hi Tara,

For me, If speaking has objective for communication, so I think it is difficult to practice alone,

because sometimes the others don't understand that I said or misunderstanding. But if speaking

has objective only practise about pronunciation, it may be possible.

• This is a good idea if we have nobody to talk to. but even after a long period of practicing in front of a mirror, we will find many problems when we interact with other people. bcoz we can't expect what they ask and have to speak according to the situation. So in my opinion, practice interacting with other people is the best idea. 

• Yeah,Why not..U can talk with yourself!!!
    Or can imagine a friend and talk with him/her...
    U can sit in front of the mirror and speak in English with whom is in the mirror :D 

• Yes, it's. We can record our voices then listen to it again to figure out the mistakes and error. This way is almost successful; however, I admit such way gets me down. Because I wonder the huge number of mistakes I do. My problem is that I'm a sensitive learner. :(

• Hello Tara,

I usually talk by myself so it was quite natural to pass from italian to english in way to improve it. Also exercices wth the mirror are a good way to practice. To to record oneself it is, after me, the better way to check your ponunciation. This been said nothing can exactly replace a nice talk with someone else. This doesn't only help you with the pronuncation but with the confidence of use a foregneir language without fear the others. 

Tke care, bye Viv

This reply was deleted.