People love freedom, of course.

However, when we talk about freedom, long for freedom, fight for freedom, are we thinking what is the real meaning of feedom?

Doing anything you want.

Saying anything you want.

Travelling anywhere you want.

Getting anything you want.

... ...

Are they really mean the freedom? Are we really happy because of them?

I am confused when my teahcer asked me how you identify "freedom".

Please give me some your valubale ideas!

I've no idea about it, only I know is I don't think freedom means "free to do, say, get anything you want"  I think Freedom is also need to be based on some orders.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Hardi!!! thank you very much your thoughtful reply!

I agree with you, the definition of freedom depends. And I also agree with you, maybe Utopia is kind of way to define freedom. HMM, don't you think Communism is also a way to define it? I mean the real communism, because I think there is no absolute freedom, if it really come true, as the result of it, more unfreedom and unhappy will be come out. So, assuming that freedom is a positive word and definition to us, means happiness and comfort to us, I think the relative freedom will cause the result of happiness and the freedome we expect. Based on this think,  you can live, choose or do anything totally freely, however, if you want to have both freedom and happiness, there is a line there you don't want to accross, and that is communism.

I am not sure of it~~hehe, just some of my thinking~~like to share with you! :) 

• Freedom is a building block of something bigger, where it's very difficult, or impossible to extract it from. It overlaps with many other things like happiness and something.

I'm not very knowledgeable about communism, but sure for the people who believe to communism and whom it means happiness, it's probably also freedom. I suppose.

But best freedom is stupidity. I think, that after getting know what freedom really is, u might never be able to be happy and free again. So I claim that: freedom is stupidity.

• HARDI! I GOT IT!

maybe your thought is sooo meaningful and deep, that could make you confused so much ~ haha, still agree part of your opinion. NO PURE FREEDOM, AND IF YOU GOT THE PURE FREEDOM, YOU MIGHT BE MAD~~

I WANT TO SAY , pure freedom is hard to achieve, don't worry about that! :)

I AM JUST TRYING TO PRETEND A FAKE PHILOSOPHER TO THINK ABOUT THIS QUESTION. HEHE

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hello! Saeed M.rajabi!

I think you can make your freedom come true easily! haha

you can choose give up marriage and having children, can't you?

• hehe, AMIN, you really did a simple and special definition of freedom.

I agree with you, freedom is kind of feeling. hmm, in fact, I think there is no absolute freedom, all the freedom is relative. And, our feeling and recognition also cheat us.

• thank you fayroz.

Hmm, I think your definition is a little bit like "will to choose".

But, CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION? Why you think if you have free, you also should care and afraid of Allah? If like that, is it the real free?

• FAYROZ, THANK YOUR EXPLAINATION! :)

YES, I think I kind of understand your meaning. you are right, you have the choice to believe ALLAH freely, that's your choice for whatever reason that your will. Of course, that's a way of showing freedom.

even we still believe something, but not mean we are slaved by that faith. Clap! Clay!

thank you very much!!

This reply was deleted.