Replies

• Indeed simple, but not many are honest for some reason.

Mishaikh said:

Just be 'honest'.  Inside = outside.

How to form a good or sucessful relationship?
    I have been struggling forming a good or successful relationship with family members and friends. Please share your knowledge, wisdom, etc! Highly ap…
  • Awesome advice! Thanks.

Tushar said:

Hi, TK Chan, I am sharing the views once my Guru shared with me. Always respect others. Try to learn from their great qualities. Don't make fun of others or insult others. And most important, others would not behave always according to your expectations. So, be calm and patient with them. Respect their view-point. These, as my Guru says, are foundations for good/successful relations with family-members and friends.

I have been struggling forming a good or successful relationship with family members and friends. Please share your knowledge, wisdom, etc! Highly ap…

• Deep advice! I will definitely apply them in my relationships.  Thanks!
    Evangelina said:

TK,

While agreeing with what other members already expressed here, I would like to say this;

Any kind of healthy relationship is built upon, open communication, honesty, trust and acceptance... and before all that, there need to be respect towards each other in every way and aspect.

And... if we mix all that with a little bit of, thoughtfulness, devotion, tenderness, sensitivity and appreciation... then things can never go wrong.

Those are essential values.

I hope everything will work out in a nice way for you, TK... please just remember, in our eagerness for pleasing others, we tend to forget us selves... sometimes things are just not meant to be, and then we should just leave things the way the are/was.

:-)) And then remember this please... my favorite quote it became just if a sudden...

"Those who mind, don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Good luck from here.
  • Just be 'honest'.  Inside = outside.

• Hi, TK Chan, I am sharing the views once my Guru shared with me. Always respect others. Try to learn from their great qualities. Don't make fun of others or insult others. And most important, others would not behave always according to your expectations. So, be calm and patient with them. Respect their view-point. These, as my Guru says, are foundations for good/successful relations with family-members and friends.

• Deep Luci! Thanks for the advice and kindliness. =)

Luci said:

TK,

firstly you should realize, you aren't ehmmm omnipotent - actually NOBODY is :) sometimes we expect too much from others but it just lead us to disappointment.

Like others said - I agree that good relationships should be built on trust, understanding, no hiding the things and what's important is also love!

It is abot two sides - nothing one-sided, so please ...if you did your best, there might be also problem in others and the thing is that you CAN'T change people, you should tolerate them ;)
  • Oh snap! You have read my mind and life entirely almost. I see myself both introvert and extrovert. =) I will do my best to consider their feelings more since we are not emotionless. =) 

Risty Aven said:

Hello! Tk chan, to be honest, I fell out of the family tree ~joke~half meant~ :D Although I think what you are experiencing right now is pretty normal. Being the eldest child, my parents have a lot of expectations from me, gradually, through the years I became so strict to my younger siblings because I know how bad it was to be a prodigal child, been there, but haven’t done all that. So, my relationship with them was like parental too. :D I know I’m such a sucker with regards to communication skills, I usually expressed what I thought right (for me) which is very harmful and a real relationship destroyer. The words we used, the act we portrayed and implied will be long remembered, and we don’t have any idea how our actions and harsh words will affect them. Every day I continuously teaching myself to be lenient to other people and to make my words sweet so whenever they want to give it back, I can bear the taste. :D But I’m telling you, this is soooooooo difficult yet workable.

You know, sometimes, I got into fights because I’m terribly honest, especially to my friends. What comes to mind will voice out, and most of the time my words aren’t harmonious nor lovely. (I talk less in person, and when I talk, that’s how the problem goes) :D To maintain a good relationship is a continuous process, and not a one-way ticket, it should be a symbiotic relationship. This is not easy, but bearable if we value the relationship and we give importance to others’ feelings.

Additionally, you cannot please everybody, whether it is a family member or a friend, from time to time, you’ll clash and I don’t see that as a problem as long as you know how to stand constructive. No bad words, no physical assault, no cursing. Respect and acceptance are your vital keys.

Always look at the brighter side of life, I don’t know if you are a God believer but I do, whenever I’m in trouble, I always seek His counsel. ^_^

Hope this helps. If you are an introvert like me, that explains why. 

• Thanks. Trust is the key too. =)

Williams said:

Nice discussion....

I think, to make a good,true & successful relationship with anyone first need to be avoided any kind of LIE talking & fake behavior, because without trust on others never possible to make it.....Thanks for sharing nice discussion TK Chan.

Also I am fully agree with Emma's comments. Thanks Emma for your nice opinion.

• Thanks for the advice and experience! 

It all depends on the person or group of people. =)

Emma said:

Well, building a good and successful relation is generally а two-sided process. Firstly you must be sure that the other person (or group of people) is interested in creation of a good relation as much as you are. If they are not, there is nothing more you can do. 

However I believe that things between people should work out by themselves, without forcing. If you lose your identity only to make someone like you... it won't help and it will be pointless eventually.

Just be yourself and that will bring the right people into your life.

• TK,

firstly you should realize, you aren't ehmmm omnipotent - actually NOBODY is :) sometimes we expect too much from others but it just lead us to disappointment.

Like others said - I agree that good relationships should be built on trust, understanding, no hiding the things and what's important is also love!

It is abot two sides - nothing one-sided, so please ...if you did your best, there might be also problem in others and the thing is that you CAN'T change people, you should tolerate them ;)
This reply was deleted.