Hottest Accents

A few days ago, I came across this very interesting article in CNN. It’s about their latest survey on hottest accents. Please click this link to read the article, and if you want to participate in the survey, please click on the link given in the article (it's a Facebook voting system).

Based on the survey, the top 13 hottest accents are (as of published date):-

1. Italian - Sounds like: A Ferrari saxophone

2. French - Sounds like: A 30-year-old teenager

3. Spanish - Sounds Like: An outboard motor on Lake Paella

4. Czech - Sounds like: Count Dracula, secret agent

5. Queen's English - Sounds like: A crisply ironed shirt playing a harp

6. Nigerian - Sounds like: The THX intro with teeth

7. Irish - Sounds like: A marauding pixie

8. Scottish - Sounds like: A stroked tartan cat

9. US Southern - Sounds like: Molasses taking a smoking break

10. Brazilian Portugese - Sounds like: The near, then far, then near again hum of a low-wattage vacuum cleaner that runs on dance sweat

11. Trinidadian - Sounds like: A rubber life raft bobbing on a sea of steel drums

12. Thai - Sounds like: R-rated karaoke

13. Argentine - Sounds like: A tightly tuned guitar of G-strings strummed by a lamb shank

So, I want to know what is your on opinion/list on hottest accents. Share your thought in the comment below.

Don't worry guys! It's just for fun. :D :D :D

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Enrique is yummy without even opening his mouth. LOL. Now you convinced me that Spanish accent is sexy too. :-P Just because of Enrique and Alehandro. :D :D :D :D :D

• Lol :D :D :D

• :D :D :D :D :D :D 

• OMG!!! I just hope Spain is not just famous for these people :o

By other hand, I'm pleased you find sexy this language (I should take advantage of that)
    • Well, Estanis, your football team players help to make your language sexy too. LOL. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• I don't know I can't really get into a conclusion as I haven't heard southern US and Trinidadian accents.
    But according to my knowledge sexiest accent in the world is Spanish. I used to learn spanish as a kid from a native spanish speaker and I was surprised how beautiful is their language. And I like Scottish, French Queens English, Irish and Argentine accents I don't know why did they forogot Russian language either as its a sexy language.
    • Lol that video is funny and she talks like she's singing. I'm not even sure if its the correct southern accent cause she's just acting like a dummy to make the video a comedy.
    • I've heard and quiet familiar with Southern accent, though she may be exaggerated a little bit, but they do drawl their words and shorten some words. And yes, sometimes they sound like they are singing. LOL

• Cup Cake, people from Southern part of US would drawl their pronunciation. :) whereas for Trinidadians I always associate them with funky accent. LOL.

Well, since I'm used to listen to Scottish, and British, so I tend to love their accents. As for Russian, I think people did not expose to the language, that's why it's not listed as the hottest accents.

Just for fun, I found this video on 'How To Speak Southern'

• I'm curious to know how do people think about this topic too. Aww, but the connection is so bad today. I still cant open the article. I do like voices of some people I talked to but not sure about the accents. Even I can't clearly distinguish between American and British accents. Shame on me hehe :D

This reply was deleted.