Hi dear all MyEC friends, :))

Never think that I'm always obedient. :p I would like you to listen to this short story of mine.

I was riding my motorbike and my friend was in front of me, with his own motorcycle. He was so fast and speeding far in front of me. "Oh, My God. Why am I so slow now... It's RED, but ohh, c'mon!! I'm just late for a second." And...."priiiiiiiittttt!!!!!!" "Ohh, I'm dead!" The police stopped me. :D :D

"Sir, please.... I'm sorry, really sorry, I just follow my friend who is in front of me," I begged pardon.
"You know, Miss. Your action can endanger other people," he replied.
"Yeah, I know," I stoop my head feeling shame.

After being implored for pardon for rather long, he took my vehicle registration certificate, gave me a traffic ticket and told me to attend the hearing two weeks later. You know why he took my vehicle certificate? My driver's licence was expired. LOL..............

What surprised me was..... I found there were so many people who attended the hearing. I asked one of them who was sitting beside me. "What was your fault, Ma'am?". "Oh, I forgot to take my vehicle certificate along," she replied in relax mood. I was thinking of people there were coming every week for doing the same mistake. I wondered how there were so many people. I imagined that I would sit on the chair in front of the judge as defendant for maybe 5 minutes, :D but NO.... One session was attended by so many people that even some of them were standing, including me. The judge called "Onee-chan?" (of course this is not my name, lol). "Present, Sir" I answered. He continued, "Forty five thousand rupiahs" (equivalent to 3 USD). I immediately got out of the courtroom, paid the fine and took my vehicle certificate. Finished. LOL.....

I realized then that the fine is so low that many people repeat the same mistakes, doing it over and over.

Why do I put this in the discussion?

1) I wonder how much trouble you'll get in your country if you experience the same?
2) How much fine you should pay for that case??
3) Are there many street offenders in your district?

Thank you so much for hearing my story and if you're so dizzy or being lazy enough to answer my question, I'll be glad to hear your comment about my experience. LOL... I wish you can share your experience or your knowledge in your country about it.

Happy Sunday! ^_^

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In my country the reservation of the vehicle atleast forj 2 weeks with a fincial fine determined by the judge depending on the degree of risk may be caused by this mistake.
  • hello Onee

Lol, nice story!

Fine for crossing red light is about 40000 tomans(10 $), and if someone drives without a driving licence, his / her vehicle will be seized.

• Mishaikh, ^_^

I'll take that as a precious advice. I'll bear it in mind. ^_^

Thank you so much for your valuable comment. ^_^

Mishaikh said:

Here in USA traffic rules are very strict, still, vehicles accidents do happen daily.  All goes smoothly if majority follows the rules.  

My wife was giving a driving test in the USA a few years ago, (though she already knows driving).  The test was going on nicely and she was getting marks around 90's.  Then the instructor instructed to take a turn and she did.  She was failed in the test.  Why? She asked the instructor said, "you overlooked the truck coming so fast!" "But I did turn safely!" My wife argued.  "You risked your life taking a daring turn. You should have to wait for the truck to pass first."

See, most of the accidents occur due to daring (foolish) actions.

Driving Through A Red Traffic Light :D
    Hi dear all MyEC friends, :)) Never think that I'm always obedient. :p I would like you to listen to this short story of mine. I was riding my motorb…
  • Luci,, :D :p

Stay calm! I was not in jail like AG said, I'm so grateful. ^^ Btw, I don't understand what you and Estanis talking about losing points. I'm not sure if this is also applicable in my country. 

After searching for information about it. I found there is NO RULES OF POINTS in my country. lol............. What do we do with such a rule? I wish someday will be better.

The fine in your place is such a good law. It will make you obedient. :D 

Thank you for sharing the precious information. ^^

Luci said:

Oh myyy watta pirate you are, Onee! :D well..I agree with you - such fine won't stop anybody from anything..
    Here in Czech republic you would pay 150 dollars if your driving license is expired and hahaa red light is also for 150 dollars plus you will lose 5 points.. btw we have here point system like u have 12 points and if you lose them all you will lose your license :p
    Hi dear all MyEC friends, :)) Never think that I'm always obedient. :p I would like you to listen to this short story of mine. I was riding my motorb…
  • Here in USA traffic rules are very strict, still, vehicles accidents do happen daily.  All goes smoothly if majority follows the rules.  

My wife was giving a driving test in the USA a few years ago, (though she already knows driving).  The test was going on nicely and she was getting marks around 90's.  Then the instructor instructed to take a turn and she did.  She was failed in the test.  Why? She asked. The instructor said, "you overlooked the truck coming so fast!" "But I did turn safely!" My wife argued.  "You risked your life taking a daring turn. You should have to wait for the truck to pass first."

• Here in USA traffic rules are very strict, still, vehicles accidents do happen daily.  All goes smoothly if majority follows the rules.  

My wife was giving a driving test in the USA a few years ago, (though she already knows driving).  The test was going on nicely and she was getting marks around 90's.  Then the instructor instructed to take a turn and she did.  She was failed in the test.  Why? She asked the instructor said, "you overlooked the truck coming so fast!" "But I did turn safely!" My wife argued.  "You risked your life taking a daring turn. You should have to wait for the truck to pass first."

• Oh myyy watta pirate you are, Onee! :D well..I agree with you - such fine won't stop anybody from anything..
    Here in Czech republic you would pay 150 dollars if your driving license is expired and hahaa red light is also for 150 dollars plus you will lose 5 points.. btw we have here point system like u have 12 points and if you lose them all you will lose your license :p
  • Estaniss,, 

I had the feeling that the other countries would fine much higher price for the street offenders like me. And, so true. That's how a country makes its people obedient. :)

Nooooo......This time I didn't enjoy it, because I got caught. And that was my first time I was present in the courtroom. lol... I tell you another secret. I, several times, with my motorbike, miss this kind of punishment. @,@ .

But, don't worry. I didn't ride fast anymore. SAFETY for me and other people is number one on the street. ^_^

Thank you so much for liking this discussion and sharing your knowledge here. ^^

Estanis said:

Lol... you and your motorbike! Hahahaha.... I have the feeling that you love it a lot :D

Here the fine for having the driving license expired is 200 euros (around 230 dollars I think) It can be reduced to half whenever you pay the fine within a period of time.
    As for crossing a red light traffic is the same plus the withdrawal of two points of our driving licence.

I've had to check it since I'm a veeeeeery good person driving too hahahahahaha......

I Looove your motorbyke adventures :DDD
  • AG,

Oh My God, 800$ and 1 month in jail?? I'll be really dead then. :D :D Its price can be replaced with an i-phone and sleeping in my comfortable bed. lol....

Yeah, Sure. I really feel lucky then. ^^ I tell you a secret, I actually cried after the event of meeting the police. :D :D :D Sad, shame, confused, regretted, all came together in my mind. lol......

To be honest, I like the strict rule. So that people are afraid to make mistake. You know that my country is just a developing country with almost 300 millions of people. There are many street offenders like me, but that day, I was just unlucky. Someday I hope the law here is stricter. :D

Thank you a lot for sharing valuable information. ^^ 

AG said:

only 3 dollars :O 

OMG, do you know how it costs only for crossing through a red light traffic sign ?

only this violation will cost you 800$ here... hehehehehehe, too much, isn't it? 

I would also emphasize that you are really lucky for driving with an expired license will cost you 1 month staying at jail here :D 

tell me now... do you feel better? :D 

• MARY,,

2643932893?profile=originalThank you for sharing the video. So true.... ha...ha....

You know, that was the first time I was in the courtroom. :( And now you teach me about the yellow light. :s So precious! Just be careful for you. :D

Thank you for participating in the discussion. ^^

MARY said:

I don't know what is the fine you've to pay for that in my country since I'm not an outlaw like you Onee-chan XD  But thanks to your discussion I've checked when I've to renew my drive license... the next year! :S

Next time, remember: Yellow light means: "drive faster!"

(and here a song for you)

This reply was deleted.