Do You Smoke?

In episode #4 of This&Th@, Katie and I ask if you're a smoker or not. You may think we should mind our own business! However, we would love to know for our next episode.

I quit smoking a while ago now, so I can totally relate. If you feel like sharing your Smoker status, simply let me know with a comment below!

Cheers!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had a nervous breakdown a couple of months ago. I was so devastated and used to cry every day. One day, my mama gave me a pack of smokes and said:"Come on, my baby. It'll make you feel better." I was so stunned that started laughing hysterically. Boy, was she scared!

• I'm an occasional or social smoker since Many years ago and I have never got hooked.
  • no, i don't

• I dont smoke. I dont even like to be near a smoker when he/she is busy smoking.

• No, I am not a smoker. My parents were both heavy smokers when I was a kid. It breaks my heart when I think about how much second-hand smoke we inhaled. I also worked in restaurants throughout my teens and twenties, and smoking used to be allowed. In fact, we used to fight over who got to work in the smoking section, because these people were better tippers!

These days, at least in Canada, it's illegal to smoke with a child in the car, and you can't smoke in restaurants. My mother died of cancer when she was too young. The doctors told us her cancer was unrelated to the smoking, however, her body was too weak to fight the treatment. That probably had something to do with the smoking. I found it very tough to be around smokers after she died. My father quit shortly after. He's a much healthier man now! 

• Have you already started, Dayen? :p I forgot to say that strong willpower is needed plus the worst is the first month. If u overcome your taste for cigarette and later even though u will try it and will find out its taste sucks...then u won :) plus u should be somehow motivated!! For example ...if u start we won't talk to you in EC :D
    • Ohhh, I thought u had decided to quit some days ago when you started this discussion :))) oh myyyyy ...so congrats and don't dare to start :p
    • Thanks!

It will all make sense when the next episode of This&Th@ comes out!

• Oh, That's true! Actually it's been more than a year since my last cigarette! Maybe nearly two!

I appreciate the support though!

• thanks to god, i don't ^_^
This reply was deleted.