I half thought about getting up really early to watch the royal wedding. Then I remembered I have this terrible cold and realized that I need my sleep. Did you watch the wedding between William and Kate? 

If you watched it live, tell me about your first impressions. How did Kate's dress compare to Diana's? Did you see the kiss? How were the crowds?

If you watched the news footage, what parts were you interested in? 

If you didn't watch it, why didn't you? Is your excuse better than mine? 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What i liked most in that is the simplicity of the bride!indeed Kate was simple but a great  princess!

• Hello Tara,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, wishing you to be back on your feet very soon.

Yes, i watched part of the wedding, i guess it still make me dream even if i am not a little girl anymore :))

In fact, i believe that, in these difficult times we all need this kind of fairy story to forget about the troubles our world is going through. No wonder there were more than 1 000 000  people in the city and about 20 times more watching the ceremony on television. That royal wedding gave many of us a little of fresh air to breath.

I found Katherine's dress nice and pretty 'vintage' and I didn't expect such a classical one. It made me

think about princess Grace's of Monaco 's dress. According to the way she is usualy dressed up, i thought that her choice would have been a little less 'classical', something with more personality.

In fact, it's great it had nothing to do with the 'pumpkin' dress Diana wore 30 years ago !

What i really like very much, was her very simple tiara and the veil edged with lace. It was really beautiful and matching so well the lace top and sleeves of her dress.

But guess what ! The dress that really amazed me was her sister Pipa's white extremely plain and chic dress. Absolutely beautiful !

What I also really liked was the 'white-green' floral decoration of the abbey of Westminster and most of all, the beautiful huge trees they setted along the central alley.

It was a nice wedding, but i can't wait to see prince Albert de Monaco and Charlene's marriage scheduled  on July 2sd. I believe i will prefer that kind of wedding and i am sure that Charlene's dress will more fit my tastes.

• Hi Tara,

Thanks to Expector to notify me about your forum.

I watched the coronation and had written my thoughts about it.

Here is mine, I hope you have enjoy reading,

http://my.englishclub.com/profiles/blogs/the-royal-wedding?commentI...

• Hello Tara! I`m sorry that you didn`t watched the whole wedding event. Hope you are well now.

I had watched the whole coverage of the royal wedding. I`m a big fan of the royal couple so I have to see what will their wedding must be like. When the event started I was very excited that I shuddered and shouted out loud.

My first impression when I watched it was "wow! this is like a Disney movie wedding, like those of Cinderella and Snow White." During their wedding vows, Prince William was lovingly looking in the eyes of Kate while saying his wedding vow while Kate was nervously smiling as she looked to William`s eyes. They were both glowing with health. Kate`s gown was simple, very-classic and  elegant. She was stunningly beautiful in that wedding gown. The guest who are invited to witness the wedding are also beautiful in their headdresses. 

When they got out of the church, whopping crowds were shouting to them. The crowds were rejoicing when they saw the couple. I saw the kiss of the royal couple. They both blushed when they kissed while the crowds shouting for another kiss. They kissed twice.

• Dear Tara, I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick. I hope you will be quite good so soon. I watched the whole wedding live. I was really curious. I prefer Kate's dress to Diana. It was simple and really chic. They broke the tradition and kissed each other twice due to crowds encouragement.
  • Good topic!

I watched some of it live and some of the footage on CTV. If you need to watch the whole thing live, you need to get up early at 3 am (here in Montreal, Canada) and you'll be late for work. This royal wedding was harelded on TV and in the newspapers, and I really didn't want to miss it since I'm a fan of English and studying in Canada, an English speaking country.

Splendid, awesome, extraordinary, amazing...Most important is the whole thing went very smoothly - a great success, no terrorist attacks, no obvious mistakes, or something like that. I failed to see the kiss, though. I saw the crowds cheering, shouting, especially when the queen, the bride, the groom , and other important figures came out of the cars. Oh, the dress, breathtaking - I don't really know about dress or costume, though.

Yes, here comes the question: what could be some of the reasons they need such an expensive wedding right now? An economic stimulant? A reminder of the past splendid history? Or whatever?

And, when you see the word 'English', do you often think about the country of the UK, which brought the English language to the world?

• I watched it live, but not entirely. Unfortunately I missed the royal kiss! I enjoyed to follow the wedding not only because, as a woman, I was enormously interested in dresses of  bride, queen and female guests (some hat looked really unbelievable, isn't it?), but also because I do like this couple of guys. They look really fallen in love and so young if we think to the responsibility they have! Moreover I don't think it could be so easy to live practically always in public,  continuously involved in state duties,  without the privacy that every couple needs.  Diana experience has showed it.

At the end of the day, I think they are good guys and brave and I feel some tenderness for them. So, best wishes to William and Kate!!!

• hello ... actually i saw a part from the wedding, firstly, i am very surprised all of these people who came to see this wedding.
     all of these people were loved the William and Kate
    but the wedding fascinated me, and i asked my self if can i do wedding like that :-) it's funny!!!
    i hope the life for these couple will be very nice...
  • Hey Tara,

I hope you will recover soon! I have also caught cold and now it is such a lovely warm wetter and I must stay indoor :o((

But I didn´t watch the wedding because of the cold. I know you would not like my answer ;o)

I ignore such things because I dispice throughing money for nothing. There is STILL hunger in our world!!!

There are millions of homeless, ill children... Even in our good situated countries there are plenty of people who really need help.

At least the science and research need support.

I wonder how do they - the prince and his bride - feel, whether they realize it themselves - the huge amount of money they´ve spent!!! I hope they do feel ashamed...

Sorry, but this is my reason, why I did not want to watch "weddings"

All the best

This reply was deleted.