Two years ago, the pandemic was a frightening experience. We could not go out unless we had a permit or some sort of legal document from our governments. Restaurants we closed, nightclubs, football matches, cinemas, you just have to see any area for the gathering of the public, it was banned. We were at our houses. The lockdown was horrible.

The global economy reached its lowest degrees. We were just looking for some medication, vaccine, or some sort of salvation. A roundup of the latest data about the Covid-19 pandemic from the news showed the decrease of the cases all over the world.  Now, coronavirus seems less fearful than before. Do you agree?   

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks James Gordon for pressing the like button. 

• Terima kasih mod. Onee Chan! Thanks for pressing the like button.

• Estou feliz, seniora respitada! Thanks for pressing the like button.

• Umsiya taiyba bithikrIllah, ya ustatha Sewar! Thanks for pressing the like button!

• I can say about myself that the virus became absolutely not scary for me after I had been ill with it in a relatively mild form.
    Yes, I agree that panics and similar conditions are becoming less common, but it seems to me that it is too early and too optimistic to say that the virus "is no longer ...". It exists, and its consequences and development/disappearance are impossible to predict.
    I wish you health and all the best!

• Eu concordo com voce minhia seniora! It is early to say as you mentioned. I mean it is not like two years ago. The new cases, the death cases, and those who were cured. We can say a bad dream, and not a nightmare. I also wish health for all of us. Thank you Augu for your nice comment.

• Muito obrigado Augustina! I really appreciate your nice comment. I shall reply later. At the office, too much work. Thanks again for pressing the like button.

• It's only been about 18 months but the way any virus epidemic precedes is that as fewer and fewer "susceptible" people are available to be infected, the spread will slow.

And the virus will mutate to spread easier but will be less dangerous (Delta variant for example)

eventually the virus will not be able to find new hosts to infect so it disappears

except for respiratory viruses so don't be surprised if this one continues to plague us for a while longer if not always

A recent study showed 40% of wild deer had antibodies against covid19 indicating animals could be reservoirs

Also studies indicate the vaccines effectiveness isn't as great as advertised and wanes with time

But people now know that the overwhelming majority of those who get sick do not die nor even get seriously ill

the vulnerable are the elderly and those with other serious health conditions

so we as humans adjust to continue living in spite of the virus but it still lingers.  Maybe by the time 2 years has passed (January 2022) we can leave it behind us

• xia xia ni de hao hua, Tim New. Many interesting and pragmatic points too. Mutated or variant  Delta seems to be the worst of all.   I hope we will be able to leave it behind soon, as you mentioned. Thanks for your useful comment and I am sorry for the late reply. Is it possible to be one of your friends? Thanks again.

•         My friend, well done.👏👏👏👏 It is a very interesting information. Thanks a lot. God bless you.

This reply was deleted.