CONTRAST

Just imagine there is beauty everywhere in all forms of life and the ugliness is nowwhere, it even doesn't exist.

Will we be able to have the wisdom, the knowledge and the sense to see the beauty in it real form?

Let's discuss!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Both beauty and ugliness is not a sure thing.

But all the contrast mean a color of life.. 

• Yes Onee, you think on the right track.

• WHO CAN SEE BEYOND EYES AND HEAR BEYOND EARS............

I love this. Thanks a lot Noor.

• A big contrast between beauty and ugliness truly exists, not only towards the physical appearance of people, but also towards our attitude on how we perceive this contrast. It has always been my view that if we admire beauty, then our attitude towards ugliness should be that of acceptance and respect. In doing so, we create a perfect balance which produces nothing but love – this is its wisdom that I know.

• Seeker, Setareh, HB, Saba, Anne and Luci, all of you explained it very comprehensively. Yes, it is the phenomenon of the Nature that It has made every thing in couple (in contrast), just to make it easy for us to understand the things.

• What a nice discussion. I always have this question in my mind. I ask myself for example,how can we define kindness if there was no cruelty. Does this mean that cruelty is also valuable Or good because of the meaning it gives to kindness? Very hard and philosophical question. Beauty can be defined better if we compare it with ugliness. Truth would be more valuable when it is compared to lie and so on. every positive is positive when it is in contrast with negativity.
  • MISH, life would become boring :) Also we wouldn't be able to differentiate what beauty is.....and what ugliness is..... because we can't compare :) 

I guess that even in beautiful things we would be able to find some that aren't so beautiful that the most beautiful are...

ufff!!!!!) 

• Perhaps this will happen in future, if there aren't any bad people, there is no ugliness.

and regarding your question, when ugliness doesn't exist, we can compare two beautiful things with each other for example, we can say this is more beautiful than that one.

• Oh no!  In the first place, how can we know that someone is beautiful if we haven't known what is it to be ugly?  Beauty exists because of ugliness.  This is the law of contrariety which identifies the contrasts and helps us define both extremes.

Beauty in the eyes of WISDOM is more than a physical look.  Beauty in real form has different standards.  It depends on the beholder himself where his inclination favors.

But as for me, real beauty is found within a person, the one that never fades.

• Good question, Mishaikh!
    I think we wouldn't be able to appreciate such beauty because we would take it as sth what's common part of our life. We wouldn't be able to compare the things since everything would be equally beatiful. Eventually...we wouldn't even call it beauty since we would never see anything ugly. Being surrounded by beauty would also kill our desires to achieve sth better..
This reply was deleted.