can we find true friend online?

last year i made lots of "friends" online, both on ec and other websites. they are from Algeria, Brazil, Canada,Columbia, England, Germany, Italy,India, Japan, Morocco, Peru, United States, Vietnam, Sudan, Slovenia, ......thank you all, i am happy and honored to "meet" you online. 

but i am wondering who are my true friends. He used to treat me like me elder brother do, and now he is busy with his study again so he leave me alone for a "long" time. but i understand his situation and i am grateful for his kindness that he always gave to me. though we haven't chat for a while, when i think of him, i will still smile for our nice chat in the past.

as for some other online friends, when he/she knows me at the beginning, we would chat frequently, but afterwards it became less and less, just like we haven't known each other. is it a common case?

maybe yes. in my world, there are many types of "friends", and i have my own definition for each type. maybe i can find a true friend online someday, but now i am still waiting for such a friend.

1. so do you believe that we can find true friends online?

2. have you found your true friend online?

3. what do you think are the differences between friends online and friends in real life?

thanks for your attention.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi Kiriku. thanks fo such wise words. i quite agree with you.

i do have one or two "true friends" online. and i can say that they are "true" enough for me though we have never met each other in real life. but i do feel that it is difficult to maintain our friendship, because eceryone is getting busier and busier with their own business/ studies/ life. if both my friend and i have the same willingings to maintain things can be better, but if i am the only one who wants to continue it that will be kinda difficult .

i will share my "secrets" with my friends online which i seldom talk about with my friends here especially something confusing/ worrying. that means when i need advice or just a listener, i will talk with them. but anyway i am happy that i am also a good listener. as for the reason why i am unwilling to talk with my friends about these, it is because i don't want to bother / worry them. i always pretend that i am doing good in front of them though i did turn to them for help.

i understand that as a true friend, i don't care whether you are disturbing / worrying/ bothering me but what i care is that you turn to me when needed. i am such self-contradicted person. i don't know if you guys can understand my thoughts. but this is my attitude to friends.

thank you again for such inspiring replying.

• Dear Wing, friends come and go, that's life. You are right, friendship must comes from both sides. I understand what you mean, but I think it is just because you are so humble and kind to your friends. When it comes to sharing between friends, nothing called disturbing/ worrying/bothering at all. It is what called true friendship and true friends, online or not. I believe everyone, though how strong he/she is, need a hand or a shoulder or maybe just listening ears some day...

• thanks Kiriku. i am sure that you are a really good listener, and i may take friendship too seriously, which accounts for why i will feel kinda sad/ uncertain when my friends leave me alone. btw, i tell myself to be a considerate female, and i am trying to be.

have a nice day!!

• Hi Wing, sorry I missed your reply. Yes, it's a very person who you are, but I think it makes you become a sincere and faithful person to your friends. And I really apreciate that. I was very like you, feeling so much hurt as one of my close friend left me without any reason. But what could I do except for letting he go and try to accept it then? We had a good time together anyways and now it's time to move on...

• thanks for your reply , Kiriku. actually i feel much better with the replies you guys gave to me. i agree with what you said. no matter how sad/ uncertain i may feel, who cares!?  everything will not because of my mood.

anyway, thank you all the time for these wise words.

have a nice day.

• Hello Kiriku,

Yes, that's true! It happens to me, I mean to tell things to an online friend that I wouldn't tell a friend I usually see. That's a curious thing, maybe I use them like a kind of psycologist or ask for any advice but it works :)
    • Hi Estanis,  It's the same with me. I don't know why but there are some things I can share with just strangers, but not with the closest friends who are besides me or I can meet everyday. It sounds so weird, isn't it, but it's a matter -of -fact. And I, as time comes, also prove that I could be a good listener, advisor, consultant...;)) to my friends.

• Oh really? That's good to know. I'll take advantage of your kind offering :)
    • Haha, You are welcome.  Anyways, I'm just curious how much "secrets" you have to share...

• everybody has many secrets to share. lol. it depends on who you want to share with.have a nice day!! Kiriku and Estanis...

This reply was deleted.