can we find true friend online?

last year i made lots of "friends" online, both on ec and other websites. they are from Algeria, Brazil, Canada,Columbia, England, Germany, Italy,India, Japan, Morocco, Peru, United States, Vietnam, Sudan, Slovenia, ......thank you all, i am happy and honored to "meet" you online. 

but i am wondering who are my true friends. He used to treat me like me elder brother do, and now he is busy with his study again so he leave me alone for a "long" time. but i understand his situation and i am grateful for his kindness that he always gave to me. though we haven't chat for a while, when i think of him, i will still smile for our nice chat in the past.

as for some other online friends, when he/she knows me at the beginning, we would chat frequently, but afterwards it became less and less, just like we haven't known each other. is it a common case?

maybe yes. in my world, there are many types of "friends", and i have my own definition for each type. maybe i can find a true friend online someday, but now i am still waiting for such a friend.

1. so do you believe that we can find true friends online?

2. have you found your true friend online?

3. what do you think are the differences between friends online and friends in real life?

thanks for your attention.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thx for your reply and sharing. I quite agree with you saying " depends on our personal attitude  how we want to make friend. " Sometimes i feel i care too much about is. This is why i feel upset sometimes when they did not reply me/ contact me for a long time.

Maybe you are right that at first and at least, when we try to find a friend online, common interest and topic can be important.

Have a nice day.

• Thx Dee Dee. I can understand what you have said. Actually, what confused me is : 1. how can you distinguish a guy online is telling truth or lie; 2.how to maintian a friendship online?

Because my situation is I did find some online but found it hard to keep in touch. I am being honest and care about them; however, everybody has different schedule, after a few months, both get busier and chat less. I am not sure if the passion and feeling fade away.

Anyway, I am still happy to meet every friend i met on line.

have a nice day.

• Simply the answer is always no and no ..theres nothing called true here in this world ..rembr everything is done for a reason either its obvious or not thats it !
    • Thx for your reply TDK. What you said can be ture but faith is also important. People chat and make friends for benefit, e,g, practice English, culture exchange, kill time and loneliness,etc.

But first ask yourself what you want and what you are looking for. Then maybe you can make it too.However, if you never believe we can make true friends, it will never happen to you that find your true friend online.

Have a nice day.

• It depends that what you mean by true friends.
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Hi Konul. Thx for sharing this excellent view. I understand your point of view. Well sometimes i feel the same as you do, but sometimes i still wish that i can find a really close and reliable friend online. But so far i have some good friend.

When everybody get busier with life and business, different time, different profession, different region, different schedule, all of these make it tougher to maintain this friendship/ relationship.

Best wish to you and your friend.

Have a nice day.

• I think it's natural even about real friends. we have a known proverb in my language, it says: "everyone who be unseen for a long time, He will go away from our heart too." but the difference between real & cyber is that we stay more tuned with our real friends (because we have each other's phone number and more important we maybe meet them day to day than cyber friends...) and as a matter of course our real friendships become vanish rarely. It's painful but unfortunately we should fall into this habit of vanishing our cyber friends because of life's businesses.

• I understand what you mean. This is life, esp when everybody is getting busy with his/her own life and business.

I personally cherish all my friends, no matter real life ones, or online ones. But sometimes it makes me upset that nobody answer once, twice, three times.....So this is why i wrote this blog. Anyway i am feeling good now.

Btw i chose my nickname as Wing, coz i wann protect my dear family and friends under my wings. This is the most important reason.

Have a nice day.

• Yes, we can find true friend online. I found my great friend here it will be soon almost three years. We are in contact every day, we share everything, talk on skype and i am happy I have her. I dont think the distance is a problem and btw of course we plan to meet each other.
    • cool. Thx for sharing your beautiful story with me. Best wishes to you and her.

Actually i am doing the same thing with a guy, but distance is a problem for me and him,esp he doesn't have skype. anyway we will find a way out soon.

Good luck to you and her!!

This reply was deleted.