can we find true friend online?

last year i made lots of "friends" online, both on ec and other websites. they are from Algeria, Brazil, Canada,Columbia, England, Germany, Italy,India, Japan, Morocco, Peru, United States, Vietnam, Sudan, Slovenia, ......thank you all, i am happy and honored to "meet" you online. 

but i am wondering who are my true friends. He used to treat me like me elder brother do, and now he is busy with his study again so he leave me alone for a "long" time. but i understand his situation and i am grateful for his kindness that he always gave to me. though we haven't chat for a while, when i think of him, i will still smile for our nice chat in the past.

as for some other online friends, when he/she knows me at the beginning, we would chat frequently, but afterwards it became less and less, just like we haven't known each other. is it a common case?

maybe yes. in my world, there are many types of "friends", and i have my own definition for each type. maybe i can find a true friend online someday, but now i am still waiting for such a friend.

1. so do you believe that we can find true friends online?

2. have you found your true friend online?

3. what do you think are the differences between friends online and friends in real life?

thanks for your attention.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How can we trust someone whom we met on online? Its better to make real friends rather than going behind someone who hides behind the curtain.
    • This is a good question, how can we trust sb online. My answer is, I will never lie to others because i don't wanna you lie to me. So firstly i should not lie to you. This is my principle.

In chinese this is 己所不欲勿施於人.

And i don't wannt doubt, but remail simple thinking, simple mind. Though others may not agree with me. But i still believe so, do so, wish so.

• This reply was deleted.
    • wow. you are so lucky, and this was a beautiful story.

Best wishes to you and your friends.

• Might can.... But need sometime
    • thx, amiee. Actually i think we can but we have to pay sth for it. esp time as you said because to maintain a relationship in life or online, it takes some time

• Have patience :D

• thx. patient does matter in many things, friendship/ love relationship/ work/ etc.

have a nice day.

• thanks for reply, Huongbui, i also love to make friends online, but the fact is not all people online are as true as you are.

but i still believe that we can find some good friends online.

have a nice day.

• hello. Jaison. well it is difficult and impossible to ensure that all online friends are trusted ones because it is impossible to know a people from head to toe even though the closest friends/ families cannot really know a person completely. needless to say online friends.

but for me, i am always telling truth to my online friends, if i don't want to answer some questions i would say "may i skip this part" instead of telling lies. this is what i am doing to my friends but not everyone do as i do.

so ask yourself, am i honest to my friends? am i trusted? if yes, then i think you could think more about whether you friends online are trusted or not.

have a nice day.

• thanks for your replying, Yen. though it may be difficult to find such true friends online, we do want to have such friends. and i believe both of us will have someone someday,

This reply was deleted.