Can we change BAD character?

Hello all MyEC friends,

Character is brought by nature. There are good and bad in every person. Some of us could realize our BAD character, but hardly could ignore it. If this BAD was getting more critical, this could harm us or spoil our relationship with people. So, my question is..

• Can we change BAD character?
  • If YES, HOW?.........If NO, WHY?

In my own opinion, there are only two steps, willingness and learning.

Note: some of BAD characters could be 

• quick tempered
  • panicky
  • inconsistent
  • revengeful
  • intolerant
  • careless
  • difficult to motivate themselves
  • less empathy
  • hard to admit mistakes
  • and many more.  

This is NOT about HABIT, ATTITUDE or BEHAVIOR. In case of confusion, please read my blog about the definition of them.

Thank you very much for reading and joining this discussion. You could share tips and/or experiences here. I would be glad to hear from you. :)

---------------------

Have a look at this one real story:

A father, who always be angry to every family member whatever they did, right or wrong. He's not as cruel as people saw, but he's just QUICK-TEMPERED. He doesn't really like hit the things or family members body, but just talk with high tone in every situation so often. He learnt how to manage himself not to do it, but years has gone by. This CHARACTER HAS MADE HIM GET FAR FROM HER SONS AND DAUGHTERS. Fortunately he has a patient wife. All that he could do is less talking. At his age, he's a bit late to repent. But, in other way, all the family still love him.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• :)

Onee-chan said:

Hi David

Glad you found it interesting. I think to question the characters should be done by every one, for introspection. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts here. I appreciate it a lot. :)

David said:

Thank you for your article Onee-Chan. It was interesting to read how you differentiated between a bad person and a bad character. I suppose whenever a person is not getting the results they want in their life, they have to question their character. 

Hello all MyEC friends, Character is brought by nature. There are good and bad in every person. Some of us could realize our BAD character, but hardl…
  • Hi Bengisu,

I agree with you. We have to decide first. Thank you so much for your reply. :)

bengisu said:

Hi how are?it is me bengisu.l want to write a lot of things about bad charecter but because of my english l cant but l can say,how can we change our bad charecter?l think it is not easy changing our charecter but we can firstly we have to decide to change...
    Hello all MyEC friends, Character is brought by nature. There are good and bad in every person. Some of us could realize our BAD character, but hardl…
  • Hi David

Glad you found it interesting. I think to question the characters should be done by every one, for introspection. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts here. I appreciate it a lot. :)

David said:

Thank you for your article Onee-Chan. It was interesting to read how you differentiated between a bad person and a bad character. I suppose whenever a person is not getting the results they want in their life, they have to question their character. 

• Hi how are?it is me bengisu.l want to write a lot of things about bad charecter but because of my english l cant but l can say,how can we change our bad charecter?l think it is not easy changing our charecter but we can firstly we have to decide to change...
  • Thank you for your article Onee-Chan. It was interesting to read how you differentiated between a bad person and a bad character. I suppose whenever a person is not getting the results they want in their life, they have to question their character. 

• Sure Aseven, we should try to forgive them.

Thanks a lot for your great reply. :)

A738a said:

Hi there, my pleasure dear Onee-chan. Redemption is the first step for asking forgiveness. And if someone is brave enough to redeem themselves, the least we could do is forgiving them, and if their said bad characteristic of theirs really offended us, we can at least try to forgive them, Can we not?

• Hi A738a,

Glad to have your opinion in my discussion. It is never too late. hmm..  If it is from the heart that people want to change, I'm sure they will. Also, as long as we live, repenting ourselves is very appreciable. Thank you a lot for your valuable comment. :)

A738a's Discussions
    A738a's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
    • Hi there, my pleasure dear Onee-chan. Redemption is the first step for asking forgiveness. And if someone is brave enough to redeem themselves, the least we could do is forgiving them, and if their said bad characteristic of theirs really offended us, we can at least try to forgive them, Can we not?

• Hi Lynne,

How happy I am to get you joining my discussion. :) Maybe I wrote too short story so it is not quite clear. :)

But, the main discussion is about how we can change our bad character... So, yes, I agree that our character is influenced by people and environment where we live in. We don't have a clue to reject it but repair it, do you agree?

LOL....I also agree with this. Sometimes I heard people say "I have a bad-tempered, don't try to make my meter down" LOL...

SURE, Many thanks for your great answer. It DEPENDS ON OURSELVES.

Have a nice weekend, Lynne! :)

• Mr. Mishaikh, you got what I mean. Thanks a lot for participating. :)

This reply was deleted.