Can we change BAD character?

Hello all MyEC friends,

Character is brought by nature. There are good and bad in every person. Some of us could realize our BAD character, but hardly could ignore it. If this BAD was getting more critical, this could harm us or spoil our relationship with people. So, my question is..

• Can we change BAD character?
  • If YES, HOW?.........If NO, WHY?

In my own opinion, there are only two steps, willingness and learning.

Note: some of BAD characters could be 

• quick tempered
  • panicky
  • inconsistent
  • revengeful
  • intolerant
  • careless
  • difficult to motivate themselves
  • less empathy
  • hard to admit mistakes
  • and many more.  

This is NOT about HABIT, ATTITUDE or BEHAVIOR. In case of confusion, please read my blog about the definition of them.

Thank you very much for reading and joining this discussion. You could share tips and/or experiences here. I would be glad to hear from you. :)

---------------------

Have a look at this one real story:

A father, who always be angry to every family member whatever they did, right or wrong. He's not as cruel as people saw, but he's just QUICK-TEMPERED. He doesn't really like hit the things or family members body, but just talk with high tone in every situation so often. He learnt how to manage himself not to do it, but years has gone by. This CHARACTER HAS MADE HIM GET FAR FROM HER SONS AND DAUGHTERS. Fortunately he has a patient wife. All that he could do is less talking. At his age, he's a bit late to repent. But, in other way, all the family still love him.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Yeri Ekomunajat, as a teacher, too, I believe so.

EDUCATION from teachers and parents COULD FORM the good and change the bad character of students. Nevertheless, it needs a LONG TIME to do for students who are NOT MALLEABLE. I have faced it through observation on my students. Well, I keep motivating myself to make them better, though ...sometimes I feel hopeless. :D

What makes the character strong sometimes is from the SOCIAL and ENVIRONMENT (HOME SITUATION) from the childhood. Human like imitate, right? And when it came to BAD character, it would be difficult to fix it. For this, younger or adults are the same, do you agree? :)

--------------------------------

Adults play a BIG ROLE for the development of younger character. While adults must realized themselves first to fix their BAD character. And ....... this is more difficult since people have stronger character when become adults. That's my conclusion on your note.

--------------------------------

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm pleased to hear your view in this discussion. :)

• Saba, when I think about it again, it must be a SHOCKED EVENT which could open the heart and mind, then turn to their character, right? :)

Well, for changing others character by others behavior or actions, it's possible happen for children. As for adults, they must REALIZED of and HAVE WILLINGNESS first, I think. 

Thanks for your valuable time and reply. So glad to have your view in my discussion. :)

• I think everyone's character has 2aspects.A bad one and a good one.I think a bad character can change by the time.But there is aslo another mather.A changed character can return to the former one,too.
  • In my opinion, in childhood is easy to change because children's minds are pure but in adult.

• I think yes.. If you are serious about changing your bad habits.. Then you can.. Other it will be difficult to change.. !!
  • The human by nature is very nice but the growth of hunen is make is good and bad.
    So crecter can be change with positive attitude.
  • My dearest neighbor Noaslpls, :)

I want to tell you and maybe others want to hear ONE REAL story here, from the one who has BAD-TEMPERED character. Though you're a bit doubt to understand habit and character, your answer is right. YES, IT'S REALLY HARD. 

==========================

A father, who always be angry to every family member whatever they did, right or wrong. He is not as cruel as people saw, but he's just QUICK-TEMPERED. He doesn't really like hit the things or family members, but just talk with high tone in every situation so often. He learnt how to manage himself not to do it, but years has gone by. This CHARACTER HAS MADE HIM GET FAR FROM HER SONS AND DAUGHTERS. Fortunately he has a patient wife. All that he could do is less talking. At his age, he is a bit late to repent. But, in other way, all the family still love him.

==========================

It's CLEAR IT IS SO HARD.

Aha, yes. GOOD DEEDS can also help people to change their BAD character since they actually have a good heart. When we help others, actually others will pray for us or definitely Allah would lead us to be a good person by pressing bad character with PATIENCE, right?

One point I like from your notes, "When those bad characters did not HARM anyone, it's the safest zone for us to keep our relationship with people in our life.

To fulfill your curiosity about habit and character, you could read this blog... CLICK! Thank you a lot, my dear Noaslpls. You made me pleased with your view here. :)

ATTITUDE, BEHAVIOR, HABIT, and CHARACTER
    Dear all, I’ll try to make a brief explanation about those in the title regarding to my discussion “Can we change BAD character?”. Please remember th…
  • Hello Dipesh, thank you very much for agreeing and giving such encouraging words. 

"With the utmost effort, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE". I love it.

So glad you joined my discussion. :)

• Its my pleasure to join the discussion.

• Well, it depends upon you willingness and intuition. If you want to change without any effort then it will never going to happen. According to Audrey Hepburn "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible"

This reply was deleted.