Replies

• Lynne said:

Mishaikh,

Reading this reminded of a quote. Let me just share this with you.

"Relationships of all kinds are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is.  The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that.  Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact.  But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slip away and is lost."  Have a nice day.

Mishaikh replied:  "PRECISELY.  Very well said.  Thanks Lynne.  Have a nice day, you too".

Being "possessive"
    Being Possessive of a beloved towards his/her lover is good or bad for relationship. Let's discuss
  • Mishaikh,

Reading this reminded of a quote. Let me just share this with you.

"Relationships of all kinds are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is.  The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that.  Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact.  But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slip away and is lost."

Have a nice day.

• Elena said:

At the beginning of a relationship, being jealous is comprehensible. But then, when you reach a certain confidence, it becomes something very dangerous.

Mishaikh replied:

You are right Elena.  Let me speak beyond that.  Human mind is very strange.  Sometimes in very peculiar cases of human being, a lover sometimes wants to feel being possess by the beloved.  So strange, isn't.

Being "possessive"
    Being Possessive of a beloved towards his/her lover is good or bad for relationship. Let's discuss
  • At the beginning of a relationship, being jealous is comprehensible. But then, when you reach a certain confidence, it becomes something very dangerous.

• Mohammad said:

Dear Mishaikh, 

سایه معشوق گر افتاد بر عاشق چه شد ،،،، ما به او محتاج بودیم، او به ما مشتاق بود

Shadow of the beloved if put on the lover, what would happen !? ,,,, We needed her, [but] she was [just] eager us.

Mishaikh comments:

Hafez here is talking about ISHQ-E-HAQIQI (Allah as beloved) rather than ISHQ-E-MAJAZI (Wordly love).

This is the MA'ARFAT (high approach) of the Hafez.

Thanks for let me see the reflection of Hafez.

Being "possessive"
  • Dear Mishaikh, 

You said: "Being "Possessive" of a beloved towards his/her lover is good or bad for relationship."

I think the lover (Ashegh), might be jealous or envious about his/her beloved (ma'ashugh), not vise versa. Because the lover is the symbol of 'need' and the beloved is the symbol of 'needless' as you know. Therefore, why should the beloved be possessive towards his/her lover !? 

If a beloved was jealous about her/his lover, then, good for the lover !!   :D

Anyway, I have a poem from Hafez for you:

سایه معشوق گر افتاد بر عاشق چه شد ،،،، ما به او محتاج بودیم، او به ما مشتاق بود

Shadow of the beloved if put on the lover, what would happen !? ,,,, We needed her, [but] she was [just] eager us.

Thanks for sharing 

• Arlene said:

I believe, if both partner love, trust and loyal to each other, there will be no possessiveness. They will feel the sense of assurance in their relationship...

So it's not good to be possessive because it means you don't trust your partner.
    Mishaikh replied:
    Thanks Arlene for posting very appropriate comments.  Yes of course 'love, trust and Loyalty between the two lovers always negates the possessiveness.
    Being "possessive"
  • I believe, if both partner love, trust and loyal to each other, there will be no possessiveness. They will feel the sense of assurance in their relationship...

So it's not good to be possessive because it means you dont trust your partner..

• SNR said:

Being possessive for ur love is good up to some extent but  if it is beyond that it will just ruin the relation and love. And the most important thing that is needed in a relationship is trust. 

Yes SNR Trust is the only aspect being in relationship (love) which makes the bond strong and make possessivenes weak.

Thanks for your comments.

• narin 

Of course if there is strong trust between the partners, no possessiveness put any impact on the relationship.

Thanks for posting your thought on the topic.

This reply was deleted.