ARE YOU SUPERSTITIOUS?

When you hear the word superstition,what does come in your mind?do you think they are true?Majority of people have at least one  special superstition which whether  comes from their families or some occasional events or something.

what do you think of superstitons?

and if you believe in one superstition so let us know

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thx mishaikh
    you are true
    and funny superstition

• WHAT IS SUPERSTITION:

IT RELATES TO a belief or way of behaving that is based on fear of the unknown and faith in magic or luck : a belief that certain events or things will bring good or bad luck 

It has been a common superstition that a black cat crossing your path is bad luck. (This was a very old belief, now it is not so common).

• I use the Oxford English Dictionary

Superstition: "excessively credulous belief in and reverence for the supernatural"

Supernatural: "(of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature"

• Superstition means belief in the supernatural. Supernatural means anything beyond scientific reasoning.

Are you religious or believe in a god or gods? If so, you are by definition superstitious.

Superstition kills people. People who won't get their kids vaccinated. People who don't use condoms and risk HIV. People who fight wars because they have different beliefs to others. People who don't use medication when ill and instead look for faith healers, homeopathy, prayer or similar.

When ignorance or superstition harms someone that is sadly their own doing, people are free to believe whatever they want even if they are foolish, but if they cause harm to others it makes me angry.

• Hi Jan,

I don't believe in superstitious.

BTW, it seems that you and Faridahmad Afghan are identical twins because both of you have the same avatar. I wonder why you are in Iran and Farid is in Afghanistan?

• Hi dear saba
      thx for sharing your idea
      i dont understand u about faridahmad.if you mean we r useing same avatar(account's picture )it is just a coincident and there is nothing between us.l wish i could have told u what u wanted to know
  • I am talking about myself, no, I do not believe in any superstitions.  I just believe in the Almighty and attribute all aspects of life to HIM.

This reply was deleted.