Many people have brothers and sisters but some people don't have them. If you have siblings, you have always been able to play and sometimes fight with them from your childhood to nowadays. It makes you learn beneficial social activities. However, you must share your parents' interests and toys with your brothers and sisters. Also, having many children is tough for their parents because they need a lot of time and money to look after them.

If you are an only child, you can monopolize parents' love and interests and also toys. Though it may make you selfish. Are you satisfied with how many brothers and sisters you have? Or would you like more? Or less? Or would you like to be an only child?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Tam,
    I think labelling only chids with such adjectives is similar to say that beautiful blonde girls are dumb or Spaniards like flamenco and paella. I mean some may are, some not. Just another stereotype.
    By one hand I'd have liked to know what having siblings mean. I've really missed that, even felt like a geek in my childhood since all my classmates had siblings but me. By other hand I see relationships between some brothers or broken links for not so important matters and then I don't mind being an only child.

• Hi, Estanis. Thank you for your comment. In fact, we can't compare "having siblings" with "being an only child" because we can't experience both. I have two sisters, so I really don't know what life in being an only child is like. I hear that many people say they are happy to have siblings, but I don't often hear opinions of an only child. So I am glad to hear your opinion.

•   A very interesting topic  Tam :) 

I belong to a very big family  we are 4 sisters and 7 brothers = 11 and all people around us are with big families  . It is part of the Arab  tradition to have many children   . I like it each one of my sibling  has his unique personality and his own talents  . I enjoy having them a lot  . However  , I think that my mother suffered a lot in caring for us all  . I wouldn't do it if I were her . 

My elder brothers are very successful and intelligent  . My eldest brother is a book author and a poet  . I like talking to them a lot they had a very positive impact upon me since my early days . They were the ones who taught me the love of books and arabic heritage  . My sisters are very helpful and kind . But we're not a like  some are talented painters  some are very smart and some are very beautiful and fashionable  :) 

I love them all and wish them all the best  . We are made of the same blood and flesh :) 

• Hi, Rosemary. Thank you for your comment. Oh, really? A very big family! I can't imagine what life in such a big family is like. You seem to be able to get a lot of things from your siblings. Also, your mother is great. I can't imagine how hard she raised 11 children.

•     Hhhhh my mother used to say " I have brought up 3 generations "  my elder brothers were born in the 70s  me  , my sister's at the 80s and my youngest brothers at the 90s  . She was a busy mom  . However  , she was married at an early age and that's why she has all of us  . Most of arab families are big and I think  families were like us in many cultures around the world  . It is today's  modern life complicity that changed this issue  . Me myself  I reget  having  4 kids because  it isn't any easy thing to do  :) 

Have a nice day Tam :) 

• 3 generations! Amazing!

• Hi Tam, For me having more sisters and brothers is enjoyable than being the only chiled. besides your hand, the next person who can stand besids you is your sis or bro any any of your  needy time. You can share your secrets with them. The best remidy to avoide or reduce depression is talking your secret or worry to someone. So your sis or bro will be the best fit for this. The relation ship you may have diffre from place to place. The more you establish strong bond the more you feel happy. However, like that of the happy time ,the problem they faced may touch you in one and onthoer way. Any way ,I like to have more sis and bro than being the only child.

• Hi, Selam. Thank you for your comment. The same of you, I think that having siblings would be enjoyable than being the only chilled.

• Hi Tam. Lovely and sweet topic. Like it. I adore my only sister. I am not sure how I'd feel if I had some more....maybe sharing the same love. I have numerous cousins..and some of them are almost like siblings...and I do love them tenderly... So..here I guess my hunger about more brothers or sisters was pretty satisfied ))

Thank you for bringing a kind smile to my face. Nice theme to speak about....if I don't zip my lip now...I can speak about it endlessly ))

• Hi, O.M. Thank you for your comment. It's nice to hear that the relationship between you and your sister, between you and your cousins are very good.

This reply was deleted.