Are you punctual or late?

Hi dear friends,

Imagine that you have to go to a meeting or a party, what do you usually do? Do you get there early or late? 

Most of the time, I have been punctual. I usually try to leave home early so that I can get to the destination on time. When I arrive late somewhere, let's say in a class, I won't attend the class at all. I think this is really insulting and therefore, I prefer not to go there at all. Some say, "later better than never." However, in terms of university classes, I couldn't take this advice, "never is better than later" for me.

What are you, late or punctual? If you get there late, what would you usually do?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Nafis! Well, I'm punctual, not only that but I come 5 minutes before the time. Most of my friends, unfortunately, are not at all :-(
    • That's great! Thank you so much dear Lama for your comment.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Dear Nima, thanks a lot for your interesting comment. That makes sense. But, what do you prefer to be late in casual gathering? 

• Dear Amber, thank you so much for your lovely comment. I thought teachers may think being late is insulting. However, now, I can think that some teachers want us to be in class even when it's too late. Thanks again dear Amber! 

• Honestly, sometimes I have been punctual and late on time. That’s all depending on the situation. For example, sometimes, I come late to the tutorial class or lecture. For the lecturer have mentioned to us that she never accept any excused who came late to the class. For this class, I always come on time .At here, we are difficult to get bus to go to the lecture hall. For the meeting or others agenda, I always be punctual. I want to inform you that almost people here are not punctual. We called “ janji orang Melayu”. The meeting  or discussion group is on 10.00 a.m but she or he come late. Like this situation, It is too annoying and make us wasting time to wait them.

• Dear Zyana, thank you so much for the nice comment. I can understand how terrible it is especially for the ones who are punctual and organized, this can be like a torture.
    • Yeah..its difficult to change our habit especially for this case..=D
    • Thanks a lot for your nice comment.
    • Totally agree with you and Tara...some teachers are so nice and they don't say anything especially when you are always on time...
  • "Better late than never"
This reply was deleted.