Some people say old age is a blessing. I agree, but not to some point. I witnessed old people who are still energetic and maintains their natural glow at the age of 80, and they were still loved and cared for by their families. But some, unfortunately, lives alone and still working just to put food on their table, because no one will do that for them. They were alone, lonely and sick. Some died at a nursing home alone. They were abandoned by their families. While some were badly stricken with sickness but they have families who took care of them. How can we say it is a blessing? How can we say it is a curse? Is it right to fear old age? Have a good day my EC friends. 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Glosky , Do not hope, Your mother is a good woman, I m sure she will pass the journay ( straight path) successfully ...There is an open evidence that she has a wonderful daughter like you...

• Thank you Martelli. 

• Oi  there. folks!

Why on Earth make life black and white only - remember, there are 50 shades of gray........almost everything in our life has its pros and cons, there is no sense in going to extremes....keep a wider view of the subject. 

• Thanks rys!

• Gusto ko ng katandaan, Glosky. Life is like a circle. We take the lead from our fathers and give it to our sons and daughters. Old age is not good, I hope I do not reach that limit. You would make your loved ones suffer. An interesting topic, lovely lady.

• Maraming salamat Dara. Magandang hapon sa iyo. 

• I know in the Bible it is written that the man's life is up to 70 at most 80. After 80 it is exhaustion. In my religion it is enterpreated as, this 70 and 80 is an example for this world. End of the world is at 8th thousand. Here we count life of the world as 7512 and we are in the era of 8th thousand(5500 before chirest and 2012 after birth of chirest).

• Wow. Thank you very much for sharing important information selam. I am not aware about this. Very nice. 

• concerning the life of the man I also belive 80 is enough. after 80 most of the time peope need support of other people. if they don't have relatives or if they don't live in a well orginized system who give care for eleders, they will face hirdship for their serviaval.

• that is very true selam...i wrote this out of inspiration about my mother. She was now 85 years old, suffering from stage 4 kidney disease, without us her children, what would  happen to her? we love her so much, so even if it was very hard to take care of her, because she was also had a dementia, we take good care of her. 

This reply was deleted.