epigram is a short, witty statement in verse or prose.
An epigram is a brief, interesting, memorable, and sometimes surprising or satirical statement. (wikipedia)
We think our fathers fools, so wise we grow,
Our wiser sons, no doubt, will think us so.
By Pope in the Essay on Criticism
Pattern poetries are like patterns, shapes. Thus geometric figures are common. Common shapes of patter poetries are wings, eggs etc.
- Are you
- Who is born
- In the next room
- So loud to my own
- That I can hear the womb
- Opening and the dark run
- Over the ghost and the dropped son
- Behind the wall thin as a wren's bone?
- In the birth bloody room unknown
- To the burn and turn of time
- And the heart print of man
- Bows no baptism
- But dark alone
- Blessing on
- The wild
Dylan Thomas (Vision and Prayer)