Hi, everyone! I often miss teaching and teasing you a little! Here is my new grammar test for you (or me!) not to be bored! On this test, you should correct not only grammar mistakes, but also some phrasal verbs. I have borrowed some of the expressions from my wife's students and my personal correspondence.
I believe, you know what to do! You should correct all the mistakes and make all the sentences meaningful. So, let's go ahead!
Here is your task.
- Both of the twins didn’t do what they were assigned.
- I was watching the TV eating sandwich lying at the couch.
- He did not only managed making a good career but also did he become famous.
- She said when she had called office, I was not in as I left to business to Germany few days ago.
- Sneakers bought my husband and being small to me and I should refund them.
- He was good both in teaching and the research as well but decided to quit either.
- Being seen an owner, my dog ran to me and knocked off me right in front of the sidewalk.
- Having been at work, I ordered pizza to deliver to my home after I returned. But coming back I saw a pizza box lie in my door being empty.
- Having walked at the sidewalk, I was stumbled by something, fell off and made my head hurt. When I came back, I couldn’t recall happening.
- Any of this sentences are a mess and if you will not mind me to stay alive, correct some of them at least!
The deadline is the end of April.
I have to say I will be absent for a couple of days but my wife, Tanya, will help me out while I am away. I am leaving on Tuesday and will be back on Thursday.
Can't wait to gather some new " masterpieces" for my next nightmare stories! Hahahaha!