Hi, everyone! Although both my wife and I will be very busy till mid-January, I have decided to post one more grammar test, the last in 2017. This test is not easy. It expects you to know all English grammar in details. Besides, there may be wrong prepositions, articles, pronouns and much more. This test also contains some wrong phrasal verbs.
So, here is your task. You know you should correct all the mistakes.
- No sooner he was called off for coming to office after 8 am, when he managed being late for an hour again.
- Such pleasantly his voice sounded for everybody to listen to him in delight.
- If I was told I would become a director in business company, I would hardly have believed that.
- I would rather that my friend was marry with the other woman.
- I happened meeting her at the street and she said when she had dropped in my place yesterday, I seemed to go away or was sleeping.
- At days of Louis XIV French were famous because of their refined manner and subtle taste.
- When question being asked, none of students seemed knowing the answer.
- The discussing article was written by a scientist known like the author of the famous monograph within the field given.
- Being hold a hand of the boy, the thief neared to the deserted destroyed by time house.
- Being ripped away by a cabman who had thought I was a newcomer for that country, I explained him with his native language I had known how much I had to charge.
I believe we will be able to arrange or to take part in all the parties we have to throw or to be present at until you correct at least a half of the mistakes I have managed to make.
So, the deadline for this test is December 31.
Have a great weekend, my friends!
Here are the correct sentences. You may ask your questions as usual.
- No sooner had he been called down for coming to the office after 8 am then he managed to be an hour late
- So pleasant sounded his voice that everybody listened to him in delight.
- If I had been told I was going to become a director of a business company, I would have hardly believed that.
- I would rather that my friend were married to another
- I happened to meet her on the street and she said when she dropped in at (into) my place yesterday, I seemed to have gone out or to be sleeping.
- In the days of Louis XIV the French were famous for their refined manners and subtle tastes.
- When the question had been asked, none of the students seemed to know the answer.
- The article being discussed was written by the scientist known as the author of afamous monograph in the given
- Holding the boy’s hand, the thief neared _ the deserted house destroyed with/by the time.
- Having been ripped off by a cabman who thought I was a newcomer in that country, I explained to him in his native language I knew how much I had to be charged.