The movie "Ten Promises To My Dog" is originally a Japanese film called 犬と私の１０の約束. I saw it incidentally on TV two weeks ago. The story is talking about a girl Akari, who is the age of 12. Her father is a famous doctor busy with his work every day, and her mother is a housewife who suddenly got sick and then passed away finally. Before her mother died, a puppy one day comes to her home. Akari loves the puppy so much and named it Socks becuase the puppy's fur on feet look like they are dressed in white socks. She then asks her mother whether she can feed the puppy or not. Her mother says, " You can have the doggy as long as you undertake the ten promises to it." When time goes by, Akari grows up and has to move to another city owing to her job, and must leave Socks behind to one of her childhood friends. As the dog is getting older and ill, her father calls her back to take a look at her dog and reminds her of something she did promise to her dog. Here are the ten promises.
1. Listen patiently to what I have to say.
2. Trust me I am always on your side.
3. Play with me a lot.
4. Don't forget I have feelings, too.
5. Let's never fight.
6. If I don't obey you, I have a good reason.
7. You have school and friends, yet I have you only.
8. Stay my best friend even though I'm getting older.
9. I'll only have ten years of life expectancy. Let's treasure every moment we get along with.
10. Never forget our life together, when my time comes please be by my side.
Do you think which promise is more most important for pets? Or, what promise needs to be listed as well? I think those could also apply to other creatures you or your family may intend to feed. Before bringing them home, think twice. If you are also fond of watching the film, you may click the links on Youtube. Prepare some tissue papers Have a tissue ready when necessary.