EC's social network
I recently came across an interesting storytelling website called Six Word Stories. Do you think you could write a story in six words? This may sound like the easiest challenge I've given you, but, in truth, it may be the most difficult!
1. Review some examples of Six Word Stories for inspiration.
2. Add a new blog post. Use the title Writing Challenge: A Six Word Story
3. Write your own six word story. Keep the following in mind:
4. After you write your story, think about which category or genre it belongs to. Place the genre above your story. Here are some to pick from:
5. (Optional) Share one of the best stories you read on Six Word Stories. Tell us what you like about it. Provide a link to the page you found it on and credit the author. (See my example below.)
6. Share a link to your post in the comments below. When you read a Six Word Story by a MyEC blogger, leave a comment and suggest a title for the story.
My Six Word Story
Category: A Love Story
She washed the dishes. He dried.
A story on Six Word Stories that I liked:
I like Alexia's story because it shows how quickly life can change. It's a really sad story. I enjoy candlelight, but I prefer battery operated candles because I don't trust myself not to make this mistake. I have a few candles that look real, but aren't.
*This month's writing challenge was inspired by the saddest book ever written.
Add a Comment