EnglishClub's social network
Did you notice the new resource on EnglishClub.com about Giving Advice? This self-study resource offers a large variety of ways to offer advice. Let's practise using these expressions.
Choose one (or more) of the problems below. Offer advice in the comments using expressions from the Giving Advice page.
1. My dog jumps up on people.
2. I always get headaches.
3. My cell phone battery runs out every day.
4. There is always too much laundry to do.
5. My feet are always cold.
6. Our neighbours don't clean up their toys.
7. I'm bored of the meals we eat.
8. I hate winter.
9. The back wheel on my car is making a strange noise.
10. My fingernails always break.
1. Have you tried taking your dog to obedience school?
2. Make sure you don't need glasses.
Create your own "Give Me Advice" game
After writing a comment with some advice, why not create your own list of problems to help others practise giving advice? These problems can be fictional (most of mine are) or real.
a) Use the blog title "Give Me Advice".
b) Write 10 simple problems.
c) Invite your friends to practice giving you advice. Be sure to include the link to the resource page on EnglishClub.com.
Add a Comment