My friends, I hope you have had some rest from my grammar tests. So, I am back with my next grammar task for you not to relax completely. This time I have decided to add some Subjunctive and inversion. Please, be attentive as this test is not a piece of cake. You know my mistakes are unpredictable and there are a lot of them in each sentence. I have to admit using some of the sentences from your blogs as well as some your ideas. But we are a perfect team as you give me your ideas and inspire me and I give you the tasks and my explanations for your mistakes and am always happy to see you learn.
Well, there we go!
- Only having entered in building I recalled I forgot my laptop in the car being parked far of the front door.
- He is known being an unique architect of 19th century.
- She did not only tell her life story, also she confessed to cheat her husband.
- Holding the books for so long she is dropping them on the floor having felt her arms to get numb.
- If I had known, there might rain, I would take a umbrella along.
- The drink was too sweet so that I had it.
- He didn’t sleep during many hours and the best thing he had to do was having some rest.
- His mother was French and he spoke French language like he lived in Paris all his life.
- The pants I tried in the store were little long and I thought I have to shorten them.
- Having lived in Florida, I love this land and I feel sorry for moving away.
The deadline is May 15.
Have a great weekend and good luck!
Here are the correct sentences:
- Only after entering/Only when I entered the building did I recall forgetting my laptop in the car parked far from the front door.
- He is known to have been a unique architect in/of the 19th century.
- She not only told her life story, but also __ confessed to cheating on her husband (or Not only did she tell her life story, but she also confessed to cheating on her husband).
- Having held/After holding the books for so long she dropped them on the floor feeling her arms get(ting) numb (or Having held/After holding the books for so long her arms started getting numb and she dropped the books on the floor or Having held/After holding the books for so long she felt her arms get(ting) numb and she dropped the books on the floor).
- If I had known, it was going to rain I would have taken an umbrella along (with me).
- The drink was too sweet for me to have it (or The drink was so sweet that I couldn’t have it).
- He hadn’t/hasn’t slept for many hours and the best thing for him to do was/is to have some rest.
- His mother was (a) French(woman) and he spoke (the) French (language) as though/as if he had lived in Paris all his life.
- The pants I was trying/tried on in the store were a little long and I thought I would (have to) have them shortened.
- Living/As I live in Florida, I love this land and I feel sorry to move away.
Of course, you can as me your questions as usual. Thanks everyone for participating!