English Club's social network
I was browsing a great post called Top 100 Tools of 2011 and I came across a tool that I thought would be very useful for us on MyEC. It's called Embed Plus. This site allows you to make a few changes to online videos before you upload them to MyEC. You can upload edited videos directly to the Video Gallery or embed them in a blog post or comment. It only takes a few moments to make the videos more user friendly for English learners via EmbedPlus. Here are 7 Things you can do with this tool:
1. Cut a long video into a short clip.
2. Annotate a video. (Choose the time and add a short note.)
3. Allow viewers to watch in slow motion. (Very useful for language learners!)
4. Change the size of the video player that you are embedding.
5. Highlight the sweet spot of your video. (indicate the scene your viewers should pay close attention to by choosing the time) Your viewers can also zoom in on a section.
6. Show where people are talking about your video (Reactions on Twitter, YouTube).
7. Allow viewers to watch an instant replay.
Here is an example of how a long video can be clipped into a short video in order to make a point. Can you guess why I chose Step #9? Watch the full How to Learn English video here.
NOTE: Ironically, this tool is no longer embeddable on MyEC. :( Watch the Embed Plus version here.
Add a Comment