EnglishClub's social network
Here's a fun Halloween activity that we can do online. Grab a partner and some colouring utensils. Let's draw!
1) Draw a monster. Use as much detail as you can!
2) Pick an online partner from MyEC.
3) Record (or write) instructions about how to draw your monster/alien, and send it to your partner. Don't show your picture to your partner (yet!). You can also give instructions via the chat room or Skype/Facetime. Describe your picture to your partner. Be specific!
4) Take a photograph of your picture and upload the image of your original monster to the MyEC Photo Gallery. (Call it "My Monster".)
5) Invite your partner to upload his/her version to the MyEC Photo Gallery. (They should name the image after the original artist: eg. "Y.N.'s Monster")
6) Compare and contrast the original image to the "knockoff" by commenting on each other’s images.
*Add a link to the knockoff image so that all members can see both!
Who wants to be my partner?
If you're a teacher, and you want to try this activity in the classroom, check out the instructions for this Draw and Describe activity here. You'll find useful vocabulary and expressions for students to use.
Add a Comment