EnglishClub's social network
My friends, I said that test XIII would be the last on the intermediate level. I am not superstitious and I am used to keeping my word, so my next test is a little bit different. It is not that difficult, but it supposes you to know nonfinite verbs, usage of the modal auxiliaries in the past, the comparisons. This time I will not tell you the number of mistakes in each sentence. Just make them correct without changing their meaning.
As usual, the deadline is the next Monday, March 20.
Have a great weekend!
Dear friends, today is Monday and I am posting the answers.
Here are some explanations as I explained almost all the mistakes in my blogs.
3. The idea of this sentence is obvious. I couldn’t understand what the author had meant because there were many mistakes. So, MUST HAVE BEEN is the best choice.
4. It is more natural to use the infinitive after TO PROVE.
6. You all corrected it, so I don’t know what to explain.
9. I see you all dislike participles. Although I posted two blogs on this subject, only a few learners read them and practiced a little. So, a participle phrase (DESCRIBED ABOVE) should follow a noun (RULE) but not precede it.
10. We use this infinitive construction meaning there is no other choice.
As usual, you can ask me your questions. Thanks for participation!
Add a Comment