Some people are just boring. Especially in chat, it seems.
What can you do if another chatter:
- is rude and impolite
- chats to you but you're not interested
- uses language that is not English
- says nasty things about you or another member
- tries to argue with you
- chats about politics or religion, and you don't want to
There are TWO things that you can do:
- Do nothing! That means, do not answer them. Do not reply to them, or stop replying to them. (If you reply, you make things worse and it may be your fault.)
- Use the IGNORE button. If you click the Ignore button next to a member's name, you will not receive any more messages from them in the current session.
How To Use The Ignore Button
Make sure you can see the list of members first (click on "Members Online" if you can't see them). Then click the little down arrow next to the member who is boring you. Then click "Ignore". That's it!
Moderators and admins will do their best to keep MyEnglishClub a friendly place. But please remember, we are not babysitters, and we cannot always go on the word of a single member. Let's repeat, the best thing that you can do when you meet a boring chatter is:
- don't respond
- click Ignore