since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

I have an idea ,

We can write some sentenses or proverb in persian and other translate it to english.

It help us (at least me ) to learn english better .

Views: 1928

Replies to This Discussion

For start ,

Who can change it ?

لشگری از گوسفندان که توسط یک شیر اداره می شود می تواند لشگری از شیران را که توسط یک گوسفند اداره می شود شکست دهد . نارسیس

Very nice discussion!

Thanks.

A translation of your sentence:

An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions led by a sheep

Thank you so much dear Sahar .

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat

So , dear Sahar ,

I have a question. I think it is better that we use ' that' in this sentence. like this:

An army of sheeps that led by a lion can defeat an army of lions that led by a sheep .

Do you agree with me ?

If not , why ?

Maybe it is better that we say:

An army of sheeps that is led by a lion can defeat an army of lions that is led by a sheep.

Because it is passive.

Thanks alot dear freind.

Next:

درد من حصار برکه نیست ، درد من زیستن با ماهیانی است که فکر دریا به ذهنشان خطور نمی کند

Let me try it the first please:

Pool fence isn't my pain, living with fishes that sea doesn't come to their mind is the pain.

Great

Thanks dear Sahar.

از چشم تنگ پیل معلومم شد آنانکه غنی ترند محتاج ترند

The smallness of elephant's eye made me realize -- The ampler they are, the meager they are.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Persian_proverbs

I can not get what does pil mean here?!

but becaue I guess the aim of poet by saying از چشم تنگ پيلhad been از روي تجربه ديدن دنيا or something like this so I chose this sentence;ofcourse I should mention that I'm not translating it caz I'm not in that position so sorry for any wrongs!

The cosmos proved me;the more wealthiest are the more poorest!

Great one, Mahgol!

Well done dear. You are really good at translating. I like your translation so.

You translate from meaning's aspect. Maybe it is much too better than translating word by word.

Thank you, dear.

**Pil (persian) = Fil(persian) = Elephant (English)

plural of sheep is sheep !

but I agree with passive form

An army of sheep ,which is led by a lion, can defeat an army of lions, which is led by a sheep.

اه اينجارو چه خبرههههه؟

ببينم اين هنوز اثرات همون حل دادنست؟ :->

نه داش انگاري حيلي موثريش زياد بوده!هاها
Let me see,
This is the effect of that push yet?
It seems that it was really efficient! hahhaa ;-D

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector
Nadira 
Paula
Onee

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Discussion Forum

How Do You Kiss in Your Country?

Started by AG. Last reply by AG 22 hours ago. 55 Replies

Hello everybody, :D everybody, sharpen your lips and stiffen your pouts, because we are gonna kiss today :D This topic started when I was kissing (ops) discussing about kissing culture with someone in private chat just few days ago, ehm.. ehm.. So,…Continue

money and happiness

Started by dara gino. Last reply by dara gino yesterday. 28 Replies

Of course, every one of us wants to be happy in his life. How do we do that?Is it possible to buy happiness by money? I have a lot of money; does that mean I am happy? If the answer is yes, it means that poor people are not happy. Depression and…Continue

How to beat stress? Share your experiences ;)

Started by Luci. Last reply by Mishaikh yesterday. 13 Replies

Hello guys,let's start this psychological research ;)We live in hectic era which brings stress into our life. I would be thankful to all of you - if you share here:1. What do you do when you are stressed (if you freak out or if you can ignore it…Continue

My name izzz...

Started by Luci. Last reply by Danny Clark on Saturday. 21 Replies

Hello everybody,it is cool coinscidence because exactly 6 years ago in October 2011, I joined EC :p Nobody has ever helped me to understand, what the hell was going on here - in fact - I had to follow my senses to be familiar with this platform…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service