the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

Every Tuesday English Club publishes a weekly news report. There is a self study exercise to go with the story.

You can practise your speaking by recording your voice as you read the transcript. Upload your report in the comments below by using a program like Audioboo, or by recording it on your computer and using the paperclip above to upload the MP3 file. You can share your recording each week.

You can also record yourself answering the discussion question. Have fun! 

Thank you to all of the advanced learners and teachers who help out in this group! 

We use the Interactive Phonemic Chart to help explain different sounds.(Here is a keyboard for you to type symbols.)

Please take a moment to watch this video. It was produced by the very talented Camelia.

Find more videos like this on

EnglishClub.com

Views: 14017

Replies to This Discussion

Our first story for this new 2012 thread is: Cruise Ship Disaster in Italy. Some of you have already posted your recordings here! (No need to move them unless you want to. Thanks!) 

Hi Tara, I am very happy to move my Newcaster recording here! -- Vesper :))

Hi Guys, I am the first newscaster in the 2012 thread :))

Here is my recording, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cruise Ship Disaster In Italy (mp3)

Excellent, Vesper! I really like the pace of your recording. Your word stress is excellent too. Thanks for joining us and for being the first to add your recording here in the 2012 thread. 

Be careful with the minimal pair I and i:. You don't want "ship" to sound like "sheep". :) 

Howdy!  

Hi Tara, 

Here is my recording. Please give feedback -

Cruise Ship Disaster in Italy (mp3)

Thanks for the feedback, Tara! Yes, it sounds like 'sheep' :) - thanks for pointing it out. I'll be careful in the future.

Hooray, 2012 "Be a Newscaster" has been opened ! Thank you Tara,

Vesper, I saw you are very fast :))) How to managed to be fast but also read with correct and clear pronunciation ? Teach us to please...

I am submitting two reading today, I tried to be more natural and relax, gave more stress on the original text than phonetic text symbols. Of course I made some mistakes at once. A conspicuous one is that I made "surface" I should read "ˈsɜːrfɪs "instead of "sɜːrfeɪs".

Anyway, I hope it is still worthy to listen :)

Syrian Crisis Monitored by arab League (mp3)

Bungee Jumper survives New Year"s Accident (mp3)

and I thought that, if I add audiboo widget format , you won't need to search for my previous recordings anymore, as if I remembered Vesper mentioned in her previous comment, yet I am unable to be up to date. Cheers !

Hi Ohni, You are very GOOD.

I became demoralised when listening you. This interesting topic came to life with your perfect reading, it sounds like a professional job.

Do you mind if I tag along behind you ? :)))

Have nice time,

ps; thank you for leaving a short message in Karaoke to state your busy position.

-Selma-

Hi Selma, you are quick too! You got two recordings at once and opened Audioboo Follow Me, Wow!!! That's called efficiency!

Yes, I'm commited. Trying to spend 30 mins per day to practice speaking :)))
Thank you for listening, Selma.
I'd love to have your company.
Let's go through all the weekly news this year together.
(^_*)
Awesome, Selma. I really like the tone of your voice...very pleasant. The sensevof confidence is there. Good job!

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

Popular on EnglishClub
ESL Games
Listen to News
English Grammar
English Vocabulary
Search English Club

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector Smith
Nadira 
T Mal

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Learning English Games

English Prepositions List

Play and learn English. Play at home or in class. Fun and educational. Available here!

Discussion Forum

Love - "End yourself for beloved"!

Started by Mishaikh. Last reply by Onee-chan 5 hours ago. 18 Replies

"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own"What do you think?Continue

To Die Working or to Smell Roses at Last?

Started by Danny Clark. Last reply by bet 1 hour ago. 22 Replies

I have never started any general discussions, but I do feel like doing it today. First, I will tell you about my friend, my collaborator and a member of my band who died in a car crash about two weeks ago for you to get my idea.We met many years ago…Continue

Wife

Started by dara gino. Last reply by Aykut 1 hour ago. 115 Replies

What are the qualities of the good wife?Do I have to choose a woman as beautiful as Brigitte Bardot or Angelina Jolie?Would a religious, kind and caring woman be an ideal wife?We like beauty. Each woman has her own charm.Could appearances be…Continue

Husband.

Started by Evangelina. Last reply by Onee-chan 4 hours ago. 21 Replies

Hello everyone, Well, at the moment we are having a discussion about wifes, then it is just not done without also having a discussion about husbands. So here is the discussion, with similar questions as in…Continue

Tags: WhatAreTheKeyWords?

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service