the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

DEAR MEMBERS OF MY EC FAMILY AND MY LOVELY FRIENDS !!

PLS WRITE YOUR COMMENTS CLEARLY AS U KNOW YOUR OPINIONS ALWAYS PRECIOUS FOR ME .

HOW DO U THINK  ??

_WHICH LANGUAGES  IN THE WORLD DO U LOVE OR HATE  ??..

_HOW MANY LANGUAGES CAN U SPEAK  ??..

_WOULD U LIKE TO KNOW MANY LANGUAGES ??..

_IS IT SO  HARD TO LEARN MANY LANGUAGE ??..

_IS IT DEPEND ON YOUR LOCATION TO KNOW SOME  LANGUAGE OR IT IS DEPEND ON U ??..

_IS IT NECESSARY  IN YOUR COUNTRY TO KNOW SOME LANGUAGE  AND WHY??..

Views: 7070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't hate any language of the world as Allah is the creator of everything. I love Arabic then Urdu. About Arabic my beloved Prophet ( Peace be upon him) said " The best among you are those who teach and learn Quran" it is in Arabic.

thanks for comment

10x u

I would love to learn classical  Farsi . Currently I am learning colloquial Farsi at an advanced level.

SERA has been one of my initial friends on EC.  But she is now not active any more since long.  I miss her................really.

Hi SERA,

I love Arabic. I think I know (not mastered all) my native Indonesian, Javanese (my local language), English, Arabic, Japanese, and a little Korean. Yes, I wanted to master many languages, but now I think I don't have much time. :D And I think it is better to focus on several languages. It's not hard to learn language but it needs much time for sure. It doesn't depend on location to learn a language, but it depends on our interest and activities. Sure, we need to know other language to enhance knowledge even more the level of work. :)

Thanks for your great discussion.

Salam Sea. I like Swahili.

Hi _SERA,

thanks for your interesting questions and the opportunity to write. :O)

_WOULD U LIKE TO KNOW MANY LANGUAGES ??..
I'm not interested in speaking many languages. Better only two properly, than 10 with only a few sentences! I know enough people in Germany, who even don't know how to use their first language properly. :-/

_WHICH LANGUAGES  IN THE WORLD DO U LOVE OR HATE  ??..
I love Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Italian. But there are a lot of languages, that I've never even heard, so I can't know, if I like them or not.

Last month, I started with Chinese. I love the sound and the Chinese ideographs are so beautiful! I know, I will never have a half-way fluent conversation with Chinese, but I have fun in learning this new language. My cousin had learned Mandarin and she lived several years in China. But now she lives far from me, and so I can't ask her for help.

I don't hate any languages. Why should I???

I "hated" my Latin teacher in 8th grade a little. She was so annoying!!! So I plummet from 2 to 5 (1 is the best in Germany and six the worst). And I stopped learning anything. But besides from that? ;-)

_IS IT SO  HARD TO LEARN MANY LANGUAGE ??..
Yes, for me it is. Other are much better than me.

_HOW MANY LANGUAGES CAN U SPEAK  ??..
Only German and a little bit English.

I learned Latin and English in school.

When I was young, I used to understand Turkish and Spanish. I worked in a Spanish café. 90% guests Spaniards, my boss Spaniard, my colleagues all Spaniards. After 3 month, nonstop working, I had a Spanish accent. ;-))) True!

I have many Turkish friends and I visited turkey several times. But I never actually learned to speak the language.

_IS IT DEPEND ON YOUR LOCATION TO KNOW SOME  LANGUAGE OR IT IS DEPEND ON U ??..
I think, that not everybody has the opportunity to learn other languages! In so many places of the world children don't have schools nearby, or they parents cannot afford to let them go to school, or they don't even have parents or anybody who cares about them... :(

So it depends surely on your location, if there is any opportunity to learn something... Not everyone has internet. Or a PC... Besides from that, it depends from your time, money and self-confidence. And a little from your talent in languages. (But that's not the biggest factor.)

_IS IT NECESSARY  IN YOUR COUNTRY TO KNOW SOME LANGUAGE  AND WHY??..
I live in Germany. There is no reason to speak another (second native language), like in Switzerland, etc. I even don't need to speak English, I'm doing this only to train my brain. ;-)

Thank you for the nice topic!

Sara seems inactive here since long.

I want to learn Portuguese

Thank you

I'd like to learn German. I think it's very hard but not impossible

Reply to Discussion

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

Popular on EnglishClub
ESL Games
Listen to News
English Grammar
English Vocabulary
Search English Club

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector Smith
Nadira 
T Mal

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Learning English Games

English Prepositions List

Play and learn English. Play at home or in class. Fun and educational. Available here!

Forum

Having kids . Is it necessary ???

Started by Rosemary in General Discussion. Last reply by Sleepy Head 3 hours ago. 13 Replies

Is having kids the base  of  establishing any family  . I mean when a…Continue

How far is it possible?

Started by Mishaikh in General Discussion. Last reply by Mishaikh yesterday. 26 Replies

Let me recall my memory.  Yes, she was not a very attractive girl.  Very thin and not very attractive.  I had to encourage and praise her so that she could catch up on her studies and get rid of her gloom.  I made her be convinced that she is…Continue

#EC Discussion

Started by Peony in General Discussion. Last reply by Stranger in the night 3 hours ago. 5 Replies

Friends, do you have personal magic sentence or motto or slogan that keeps you strong and motivated? What is it and why? Continue

Sightseeing...

Started by Estanis in General Discussion. Last reply by Risty Aven 12 hours ago. 13 Replies

Tourism is year by year increasing worldwide.In my view, its effects are linked to a wellfare not only to the visitor but also to the visited environment.Another positive effect is the exchange and mix of cultures that help to diminish racism and…Continue

Tags: countries, effects, Tourism

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service