since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

      Have anyone of u English Club members ever told a lie ?

       What were the reasons  or situation that u have been through  , and caused u to do so ? Did ur lie or lies have a positive  or a negative  impact on others ? Have u ever apologized because of them ? Have anyone  lied to u about something or someone 

, how did u discover the truth ? 

      Is tell ing  the truth all the times  , good  ? !  Think with me . Let's share our thoughts  

    here in this discussion  :) :) :)

Views: 247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool discussion... with a lotta word spacing and smiley faces.

   U have made me laugh  ya A738a  :D

Why do we tell lies and how does it affect or hurt others?
That is a good question and not simple and easy to answer.
I think lies are not always the same.

There are many reasons why people lie ... good and bad reasons.
As so as we make a difference between good and bad lies, we make differences between types of liars.

We know social lies, emergency lies, purpose lies, Intentional (dissocial) lies, compulsive pathological lies. Maybe do I have forgotten to mention another one?

Small lies ... in connection with a joke, in the case of an emotional exertion, when a state of affairs is merely glossed over, or when the expressed untruth is immediately withdrawn...don't influence us very much and those kind of lies don't hurt or scare us.
Sometimes we use a lie when we want to protect someone, or in case we don't like to hurt him with the truth.

If we know the truth, then ist it easy to recognize the lie. Sometimes we play a game and don't mention that we know that our counterpart lies. We pretend to believe in what he tells us. If we take it seriously or literally, then is that a lie, too.... hahaha.

We often lie to our children if we do not want to frighten them.... or when we tell them sweet lies ...  the Santa Claus exists... just for example.

Small or sweet lies are little excuses. No one should pretend he never had used them.

Lies which have an evil purpose and harm someone .... intentionally ... aren't to accept and I condemn them.

**** You came up with an interesting topic, I hope we can read many comments on it. ****

    Dear Rose I enjoyed  reading  ur comment  so much it's wonderful  :)

Hello, Rosy.. 

Well.. Seriously and even some will not believe it, but I am very bad at telling lies.. and even when I want to lie I am very bad at that.. I am not a person who lies.. but on the other hand, there is something called "hiding".. yes, I am definitely a person who likely hide most of his life's details.. I do not like to speak everything and many things about myself and my own business.. 

well... nice topic, Rosy :)

I was serious as a heart attack, though.

A738a said:

Cool discussion... with a lotta word spacing and smiley faces.

<A738a>, this is the best statement ever, though I don't know what does it truly means and in what scenario this could be applicable. :P

Sometimes, I'm stating something that the other party is expecting to hear and to know, just like when I told them that I'm here in UAE, they assumed that I am a maid, I will let them think about it as "their" truths, I won't deny it. 

But basically, I don't like the idea of lying, if I don't like, to tell the truth, I will not speak about it. It's up to them what they want to believe. 

Plus, there is what we call, universal truth and local truth. What is true to you may not true for me. 

Now, it will fall to the fact that, it depends... on the situation and level of outspokenness. 


U reminded  me of Syndan Omar words " Honesty  is when ur inside match ur out side 
AG said:

Hello, Rosy.. 

Well.. Seriously and even some will not believe it, but I am very bad at telling lies.. and even when I want to lie I am very bad at that.. I am not a person who lies.. but on the other hand, there is something called "hiding".. yes, I am definitely a person who likely hide most of his life's details.. I do not like to speak everything and many things about myself and my own business.. 

well... nice topic, Rosy :)

    Thanks  dear ur comment  is so profound  I enjoyed  reading  it

Risty Aven said:

<A738a>, this is the best statement ever, though I don't know what does it truly means and in what scenario this could be applicable. :P

Sometimes, I'm stating something that the other party is expecting to hear and to know, just like when I told them that I'm here in UAE, they assumed that I am a maid, I will let them think about it as "their" truths, I won't deny it. 

But basically, I don't like the idea of lying, if I don't like, to tell the truth, I will not speak about it. It's up to them what they want to believe. 

Plus, there is what we call, universal truth and local truth. What is true to you may not true for me. 

Now, it will fall to the fact that, it depends... on the situation and level of outspokenness. 

Hang on, girl. Did you just deface one of my favorite scenes of this movie, huh, Risty?

>:)
Risty Aven said:

<A738a>, this is the best statement ever, though I don't know what does it truly means and in what scenario this could be applicable. :P

Sometimes, I'm stating something that the other party is expecting to hear and to know, just like when I told them that I'm here in UAE, they assumed that I am a maid, I will let them think about it as "their" truths, I won't deny it. 

But basically, I don't like the idea of lying, if I don't like, to tell the truth, I will not speak about it. It's up to them what they want to believe. 

Plus, there is what we call, universal truth and local truth. What is true to you may not true for me. 

Now, it will fall to the fact that, it depends... on the situation and level of outspokenness. 

Uh-oh! Busted! The girl out there is really scary, she gave me a fright...>:D



A738a said:

Hang on, girl. Did you just deface one of my favorite scenes of this movie, huh, Risty?

>:)
Risty Aven said:

Awww... I can't stay mad at you.

Risty Aven said:

Uh-oh! Busted! The girl out there is really scary, she gave me a fright...>:D



A738a said:

Hang on, girl. Did you just deface one of my favorite scenes of this movie, huh, Risty?

>:)
Risty Aven said:

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector
Nadira 
Paula
Onee

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Forum

How do you write "happiness" in your language?

Started by Jessie in General Discussion. Last reply by Alan Wang 2 hours ago. 29 Replies

In my country,Thailand. I write the word  "happiness" as "ความสุข" in my own language.Continue

Does face play an important role in falling in love with someone?

Started by Rahul Wazir in General Discussion. Last reply by Rose 7 hours ago. 31 Replies

Today, I was chatting with my friend after many days.  She said that she starts loving a friend with whom she has been chatting for one year. Being a good observer I could observe that she really likes him.I asked her a question, “how does he look…Continue

Old age house

Started by dara gino in General Discussion. Last reply by Nadira 14 hours ago. 43 Replies

It is about the house of old people. In our society, we take our old mother or father there. We are able to support them but still, we take them there to spend the rest of their life. They did their best to raise us and to bring us to the society.…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service