since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their children, they are girls of age between seven, eight or up to twelve or thirteen. If you go to refugee camps, the matter is bigger than you can imagine. For the lack of food, shelter or education, people marry their girls. Some of these girls do not know what marriage is. Greedy ones are taking the advantage of the situations. Those who are rich offer their money for a nine-year-old girl. To add more petrol to the fire, there are some people who arrange these marriages, taking the need of the family and the demand of the other side who wants to satisfy his desire.

Is it because of poverty,  the absence of conscience or the wars?

Is there any remedy for this matter?

Views: 1001

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Mr Dara, Assalam Walaikum. Thanks for sharing with us such a good and touching topic. I think kids are kids. They, in their golden time are supposed to live happily in the hustle and bustle of this world.

It's really a big tragedy to hear if some of them are still forced into a weird relationship like this, even people name it as marriage, but actually it is a child abuse and torture.

Of course, the above mentioned reasons like poverty, the absence of conscience, and wars are the main causes, others are like corruption, low education and illiterate.

What can we do, or what can I do? May be just pray and thanks God for not living in a such condition. And then, if someday or somewhere if I meet a case like this, I will willingly lend my hands.

Keep learning, keep helping others will make us live happily. Everyday is a gift, don't ever let it go with nothing.

I think lack of conscience for buyers and poverty for parents.

It's good that the government implement law on this, Still Poverty exist.

If this mostly happened to refugees It'll be great If only refugees can earn some income on their own, providing them opportunity to work if possible.

Khob khon Pint! It's not good to use the need of the poor for our own desires. Thanks Pint for your valuable time. I really appreciate it.

pint said:

I think lack of conscience for buyers and poverty for parents.

It's good that the government implement law on this, Still Poverty exist.

If this mostly happened to refugees It'll be great If only refugees can earn some income on their own, providing them opportunity to work if possible.

yes I agree with your point of view.But now a days the rate of this marriage is decreased.Here in India especially in Tamil nadu marriage of minors is great offense.If we complaint about a minor marriage, the parents will severely punished.Sometimes even the girl too complaint about it near by police station,they take necessary steps to stop the marriage.people have awareness about it to some extent.However in many villages it is happening here and there.Poverty and low rate of literacy is the main reason for this problem.If the rate of literacy is increased, the problem will eradicate from our country.    

Happy eid Chitra! Kiya haal hain? As you mentioned, poverty is the main factor. Lack of education is also among the reasons. In India, maybe, the rules are strict to lessen this problem. Thanks Chitra for your comment.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

Popular on EnglishClub
ESL Games
Listen to News
English Grammar
English Vocabulary
Search English Club

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector Smith
Nadira 
T Mal
Paula

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Forum

Please Share Your Favorite Quote Or Saying.

Started by Evangelina in General Discussion. Last reply by Evangelina 16 hours ago. 48 Replies

Hello everyone, Another members discussion inspired me to post this discussion. It is great sometimes to be inspired from each other. In ancient times a large part of the quotes/saying served a moralizing, didactically and educational purpose.…Continue

Tags: Sayings., Quotes

what do these mean

Started by Sumeyra in Help Each Other With English. Last reply by AG 17 hours ago. 6 Replies

pull a swapbridle traillet someone off the hookyuck something upscramI dig what you lay downContinue

Complete the story

Started by Seeker in General Discussion. Last reply by Roman on Saturday. 28 Replies

Hello all,:-)I have a sentence for you and you have to make a story from this sentence. Just use your imagination and the word limit is 100 words including my initial sentence.Clear?The sentence is:I have been waiting for his / her for 10 years but…Continue

What's your thought and experience with your grandparents?

Started by Fe in General Discussion. Last reply by Diah 5 hours ago. 12 Replies

Last week was Grandparents' Day.   How do you see your grandparents?  Who are they in your life?  I know many of the members of EC are young people.  I'd love to know about their grandparents.I am a grandmother or lola to four granddaughters...three…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service