the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their children, they are girls of age between seven, eight or up to twelve or thirteen. If you go to refugee camps, the matter is bigger than you can imagine. For the lack of food, shelter or education, people marry their girls. Some of these girls do not know what marriage is. Greedy ones are taking the advantage of the situations. Those who are rich offer their money for a nine-year-old girl. To add more petrol to the fire, there are some people who arrange these marriages, taking the need of the family and the demand of the other side who wants to satisfy his desire.

Is it because of poverty,  the absence of conscience or the wars?

Is there any remedy for this matter?

Views: 861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Merci beaucoup mon ami! Pas de quoi Toure. I understand, we are all busy with our lives. I like your phrase,  problem in a problem. Does any religion permit such criminal act? In one of my replies to one of my friends,  I said that I married a thirteen year old girl. I got both her consent and her parents approval. Here, the judge will not interfere. I would wait for this child to grow and reach her puberty and then I could make love to her. That is of course, after the marriage contract had been signed. Thanks, Toure for your nice comment!

TOURE said:

HELLO & receive please all my apologies for the time I made without giving my feedback.
In my opinion marriage of minnors is due to many phenomena(poverty, absence of conscience, wars).
Authorities, politics &religious leaders must keep this problem on their hand & fight it out of the world.
Somewhere parents tell that "We are not in an epoch" to convince each other. It means that they are afaraid of today's men(boys & girls). At the least of opportunities they made girls pregnant.
AH ! THIS IS PROBLEM IN PROBLEM AGAIN.

Thank you very mauch DARA an have a nice day !!!

Thanks, Thanh Truce Sara and Francis Olabode Subair for pressing the like button!

The disadvantages of marriage of minors are stated below
Lack of Understanding:
How can two individuals (got married) understand each other at too young ages? Well, that is quite difficult; the level of understanding is only developed when the boy and girl are too mature to understand the things and their environment. In case, they are not given time for it, they would surely have to face lack of understanding.
Lack of Compatibility:
Many of the wedding relations get destroyed just due to lack of compatibility. Two young individuals, who even don’t know each other and their habits are totally varying, are pushed to live together. This increases the chances of low leveled mental compatibility thus destroy their lives.
Become Young Parents:
Becoming a young parent is easy but how would a boy or girl would grow the baby efficiently? The times when the boy is not earning much for the baby and wife, or the girl is not able to become a successful mother because she has no idea of how to raise the child up, would be really sophisticated. Becoming young parents means they would have to act like mature parents for the newborn baby and face the life’s challenges
Difficulties of Finance:
The time a boy gets married at early age of his life, he knows that he needs a lot of money and a permanent job to get sufficient finance for the family. Difficulties in finance arise when such a boy is not much educated and limited job opportunities are available.

Earlier Sexual Relationship:
it’s not good from a health point of view. Chances are there that you won’t be able to follow the precautionary measures during sexual relation and as a result various health issues can arise.
Lack of Education:
The children who get married early usually face the problems of lack of education. It is a fact that education is the foundation of life and the survival of an individual without it is not possible, but how can a boy or girl get educated when the marriage is held too early. This becomes the responsibility of the parents to get their children properly educated so that they can face the challenges of tomorrow in an effective way.

Ya Mohammed janantani. Mashaa Allah! Mudakhala mumtazza jidan! Shunu ya akhi? Ana ma gailak kida. Fantastic intervention! I really liked the way you analyzed that discussion. In fact, it's lack of education to let two young people get married. Definitely, they will not be able to cope with their life. They have not had previous experience or any previous knowledge about it. Many points you have mentioned about the problem. We should take that into consideration. Compatibility is very necessary for the couple. Also, you have talked nicely about their sexual relationship. Thanks for your time and nice comment on that discussion, the marriage of minors. I really appreciate it.             

Mohammed Ahmed said:

The disadvantages of marriage of minors are stated below
Lack of Understanding:
How can two individuals (got married) understand each other at too young ages? Well, that is quite difficult; the level of understanding is only developed when the boy and girl are too mature to understand the things and their environment. In case, they are not given time for it, they would surely have to face lack of understanding.
Lack of Compatibility:
Many of the wedding relations get destroyed just due to lack of compatibility. Two young individuals, who even don’t know each other and their habits are totally varying, are pushed to live together. This increases the chances of low leveled mental compatibility thus destroy their lives.
Become Young Parents:
Becoming a young parent is easy but how would a boy or girl would grow the baby efficiently? The times when the boy is not earning much for the baby and wife, or the girl is not able to become a successful mother because she has no idea of how to raise the child up, would be really sophisticated. Becoming young parents means they would have to act like mature parents for the newborn baby and face the life’s challenges
Difficulties of Finance:
The time a boy gets married at early age of his life, he knows that he needs a lot of money and a permanent job to get sufficient finance for the family. Difficulties in finance arise when such a boy is not much educated and limited job opportunities are available.

Earlier Sexual Relationship:
it’s not good from a health point of view. Chances are there that you won’t be able to follow the precautionary measures during sexual relation and as a result various health issues can arise.
Lack of Education:
The children who get married early usually face the problems of lack of education. It is a fact that education is the foundation of life and the survival of an individual without it is not possible, but how can a boy or girl get educated when the marriage is held too early. This becomes the responsibility of the parents to get their children properly educated so that they can face the challenges of tomorrow in an effective way.

it is not really acceptable ,but unfortunately still we hear this kind of marriage specially in villages i think.of course not under 12 nowa days but i think even 15 and under it is not a good age for marriage.tnx for sharing .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

Popular on EnglishClub
ESL Games
Listen to News
English Grammar
English Vocabulary
Search English Club

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector Smith
Nadira 
T Mal

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Learning English Games

English Prepositions List

Play and learn English. Play at home or in class. Fun and educational. Available here!

Forum

Drugs

Started by dara gino in General Discussion. Last reply by Reginald Mercer 5 hours ago. 43 Replies

Is it true that drugs can be more deadly than wars?Of course, we are not talking about the drugs that the doctor allows people to take, but we mean the illegal and most of the time, painful substance like marijuana, heroin or cocaine.How do they…Continue

Are females more active than the males in EC?

Started by Seeker in General Discussion. Last reply by Zivi 13 hours ago. 15 Replies

Do you think so?I have observed this. In the blog section, In the forums, in the photos section and in the chat room, I see everywhere females more than males. any reason?Continue

Is it fair?

Started by Muskan in General Discussion. Last reply by Muskan on Sunday. 14 Replies

From some time, I have noticed that use of other languages on MyEC has increased. I understand if a newbie uses other language initially but I have seen some quite old member using other languages excessively even while welcoming new member they…Continue

Should a dad be in delivery room?

Started by Luci in General Discussion. Last reply by Helena on Sunday. 20 Replies

Giving a birth is without doubt one of the hardest and the most beautiful moments of our life.. The thing is that a baby has two parents not just mom - who goes through pregnancy and had to suffer while giving a birth... there is also DAD…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service