since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

some people say whenever a person is so smart , it is easy to be rich .

To me , am not totally agreed to this point because there are some other factors that help

a person to be rich so to  you , do you think that smartness is enough to make people get rich

easier than the others or there are some things that help in this regard ?

if yes ,from your opinion, list some  these things that help a person to be rich ?  

Views: 136

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Salem! Ofcourse there are some things that help in this regard, many different things like type of thinking, character, life position, dreams etc. But maybe they all are combined in luck...

In my country there is a popular saying "orang pintar kalah sama orang bejo" , which means "the smart person is always defeated by the lucky one". Is it true? In some cases, it might be right. And sometimes, I think it's just a joke or just a simple reason to please the looser :). But however, life is so short and must be enjoyed, like I ever read before in EC, life is not just about destination, to be rich :), but is about enjoying the journey and the lessons from the people we meet along the way. If we do appreciate this life, always honour and respect our parent,teachers, and friends, be responsible and give the best performance, smart in investing our income,actually we have been rich already.

It is just WOOOOOOOOOOOOW, andy I don't know if i've read better comment then yours... It is just excellent. Which country do you live? I mean that saying, i never heard it before, but it is more interesting to live with this saying) Thank you for your comment!

LOL, SaLeM, what a question! :D

It depends on how we define 'rich'. If you mean properties we have, 'rich' can be define having more than enough for living.

I believe that not all people want to be rich. But, most people however want to have enough for living. Now, let me analyse your question. Why are smart people not rich?

Wait again, let define 'smart'. Does 'smart' mean someone who are graduated from university school? 'Smart' according to me is someone who can really use any opportunity around him/her.

Why are smart people not rich?

Sometimes, smart people only hunt for satisfaction, but rich somehow will follow. True smart people don't think really hard to be rich, but with the smartness, rich will follow consequently. Rich can be define as sharing what we have and or being useful for other people. 

Roman,

"Smart people are defeated by the lucky one" :))) I don't believe this, too. Agree with andy that this is just to please discouraged people. :D This is from Indonesia. ^^

Dear all, in my opinion, the lucky one won't maintain his/her luck any longer if s/he doesn't have any smartness. :D And I think luck can be everywhere. So, I mean ... What if someone smart can take the benefit of every luck? Don't you think it will be totally smart? :)

What about luck, Onee-chan ? You can be smart or rich, but there are always some chances that suddenly will appear some lucky -_- who will ruin your planes or like that... :)

Sorry, Onee-chan I didn't saw that you wrote your next comment...

Hi Onee-chan

it is interesting  what abovementioned by you

Onee-chan said:

LOL, SaLeM, what a question! :D

It depends on how we define 'rich'. If you mean properties we have, 'rich' can be define having more than enough for living.

I believe that not all people want to be rich. But, most people however want to have enough for living. Now, let me analyse your question. Why are smart people not rich?

Wait again, let define 'smart'. Does 'smart' mean someone who are graduated from university school? 'Smart' according to me is someone who can really use any opportunity around him/her.

Why are smart people not rich?

Sometimes, smart people only hunt for satisfaction, but rich somehow will follow. True smart people don't think really hard to be rich, but with the smartness, rich will follow consequently. Rich can be define as sharing what we have and or being useful for other people. 

I like Onee-Chan comment anyway, quite smart :). I think sometimes there is no relation between smart or educated and rich. Some people have been rich since they are born in wealthy family, and later are they smart or not, they are still rich.

And the smart people I think can always be rich if they want, but occassionally these people don't want to waste this precious life just to pursue something commonly we say wealth i.e. more and more money, more cars, more houses, and sometimes morewives ( don't do this guys , not wise and healthy ) :). What they pursue indeed is happiness or satisfaction and like One-Chan said rich will follow then, but sometimes never come. So, which type of person do you prefer or want to be, to be rich first but no guarantee of happiness or to be happy first but no guarantee of being rich ?

Good question, andy! It is hard to choose one)

:D Time to sleep for me now. See you tomorrow. :)

smartness without some abilities and skills is useless in many fields of business..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

Popular on EnglishClub
ESL Games
Listen to News
English Grammar
English Vocabulary
Search English Club

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector Smith
Nadira 
T Mal
Paula

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Forum

Complete the story

Started by Seeker in General Discussion. Last reply by Bernd Kohl 18 hours ago. 23 Replies

Hello all,:-)I have a sentence for you and you have to make a story from this sentence. Just use your imagination and the word limit is 100 words including my initial sentence.Clear?The sentence is:I have been waiting for his / her for 10 years but…Continue

Do 'Motivation Speech, Quote, etc' actually change us and our life?

Started by Rahul Wazir in General Discussion. Last reply by KITTY 1 hour ago. 21 Replies

Hello, friends!I have read some blogs and comments which are based on 'motivation speech and thoughts' ( hope I am using the right word... if not then plz tell me :D) and a question arose in my mind. Do these kinda motivational speech actually…Continue

Tags: Correction

Please Share Your Favorite Quote Or Saying.

Started by Evangelina in General Discussion. Last reply by Evangelina 2 hours ago. 24 Replies

Hello everyone, Another members discussion inspired me to post this discussion. It is great sometimes to be inspired from each other. In ancient times a large part of the quotes/saying served a moralizing, didactically and educational purpose.…Continue

Tags: Sayings., Quotes

How do you think about the silent of good people in front of the actions of bad people?

Started by Teresa in General Discussion. Last reply by Teresa 23 hours ago. 30 Replies

Today on the way when I went to the office I saw a thief try to take a girl's bag, but no one helps her, even me because that thief not went alone, they have more than six strong man went together. I'm not strong enough to save her in this case. But…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service