since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

I like the kind of men extremely jealous.
Those men have the quite strange attract to fair sex.
But
I will love him if him is the person willing to lose...

Views: 2430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well... now with "do you know" part of the program :D

• Do you know that by saying that "Jealousy is a natural and a healthy feeling" , I mean that jealousy healthy guys should batter their female partners and kill them?

personally, I don't know that :D 

• Now, do you know that Jealousy is an antonym of trust???

you are making it too hard for me, I was also not aware of that :S 

• OK, now it's an easy one.. do you know that when Mary doesn't like something, it's not considered a "positive feeling" or in other words, it's considered "toxic" or even "Cocaine"?

oh yeah, I know this one, I guess :D 

Well... kidding aside..

I am always happy to be your unexpected nightmare here :P 

I just wanna add something here... our cultural differences have always been interesting topic for me.. And it seems that according to your culture backgrounds, jealousy can not be understood other than an opposite of trust, while for me trust is something and jealousy is something very different and more probably related to the third part in the relationship... if I trust my partner, it doesn't mean that I will have rosy feelings to see her being with other men.. because in my culture, men and women are less commonly seen in a relationship (friendship relationship) out of marriage relationship...  

Away from the topic of relationship form between men and women because it's very wide and it's not our point of discussion here, I just want you to imagine it that the feeling when you don't like to see other males with your female partner and vise versa, is a normal and unbiased feeling and it does not have a quality of toxic or non-toxic values.. so, like it or not, it's like a tomato, and you are free to choose it or not.. you will not be harmed if you choose it or do not choose it (as you claimed)..

By the way, I can take it more seriously and say that according to me, it's more likely to be harmed if you do not choose it :D so, I can say the same about your choice "choosing other than tomato on your table will harm you :D" but well, as I am trying to be more understanding towards your culture backgrounds, so I am not gonna say it.. but personally I will say: I like tomato and I will still use it on my table, and I will choose the right people who like tomato like me to sit on my table with me :D 

MARY said:

I was wondering who'd be the first simple mind who would come to say *insert silly voice here*: "oh but what is 'healthy' is not something subjective?? asljglghas...." So funny that 'someone' is Mr. EiGi :P

Jealousy means 'not to trust'. If you don't trust on the person you are with, or that person doesn't trust you then... what is the point of being together?

I'm the first one saying that there are as many kind of relationships as people. And for many people, the 'toxic relationships' are the only thing that seems to work (I've seen this many times)  'Jealousy' is not considered a 'positive feeling', and like it or not, it makes a relationship to become 'toxic'. Do you like? Is good for you to base your relationship in negative feelings? Okay, good for you. But just because you like it doesn't change the meaning of what it is. So the title is not like saying: 'I like tomatoe' is more like saying 'I like cocaine'. For me is okay if you like, is your life; live it the way you want. But you're really naive if you don't know that sooner or later, is gonna hurt you.

BTW, "Jealousy is a natural and a healthy feeling"?? Yes, super 'healthy'. Tell that to the hundreds of women who die every year for being battered by their jealousy healthy guys.  I'm sure these women 'appreciate jealousy' a lot... sigh

do you know that when Mary doesn't like something, it's not considered a "positive feeling"

Oh, excuse moiiii, so it must be me and my 'cultural background' that 'jealousy' is something more negative than positive!!!   But wait, just in case, I'm gonna check the 'cultural background' of the Dictionary (you know, that 'thing' that collects lot of words and their more accurate meaning)

Jealous (adjective)

feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages 

feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc.

characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment:
a jealous rage; jealous intrigues.

inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims: a jealous husband.

vigilant in maintaining or guarding something (possessive)

(resources: Dictionary.com, Cambridge Dictionary, Oxford Dictionary)

So... 'resentment', 'fears', 'suspicious'... what a curious thing that all these words don't seem very 'positive' ones... But wait!! maybe i'm still 'blinded' by my 'cultural background'. Let's check what Synonyms shows the Dictionary and compare them with the Antonyms:

Synonyms for jealous (Dictionary.com)

anxious, envious, intolerant, possessive, resentful, skeptical, suspicious, mistrustful...

Antonyms for jealous (Dictionary.com)

calm, content, undoubting, unworried, confident, satisfied, trusting, unresentful...

Oh Snap! How curious is the 'cultural background' of the dictionary... right?

Thanks EiGi, I've learnt a lot...

Now, keep eating your tomatoes, but be careful not to get an indigestion.

If I were you I would not choose that kind of guy. Because if he truly loves a woman, why he will inflict an ugly feeling to their relationship. The foundation of a relationship is trust and love, if he trusts her he will not feel that way. It's like anxiety or depression that you will feel insecure.

But some find it cute if the jealous person expresses in a way that he only wants the full attention of the other. (like what drama series trying to portray)

Media misinterpretation.

Well... I just wonder and wonder :) as AG said his cultural background differs and like it was told here before that men and women - strangers almost have no chance to meet... can anybody tell me then how in such evironment can be one jealous as both genders are "separated"? I just wanted to say that as one has no freedom to meet different gender, talk with them etc. - then people can't know the meaning of the word jealousy...nah?

well...

It is your right to like something or dislike.. 

But.. If you wanna hear member'a opinions about jealousy, i will tell mine:

There is three category of jealous ppl:

- not jealous at all  ( I dont understand this kind of ppl. In this category you will find "open relationships", swingers, and many other deviaton behave..  Indifference, unconcern is not related with love. So, not my type.)

- normal jealous ( They are healthy ppl, passionate, fighters for love, carefull about family, protectors of marriage.. I support this kind of ppl)

- extreamly jealous ( They have some kind of sickness.. They are ready to suspend partner of elementary things in life, in the name of "love".. But, deep under such "love" is  his own unsecure, very low self esteem, low confidence.. and so.. Such kind of ppl are ready control every second of your life..  They are ready to make hell of life coz he suspect you look at some man while you walking on the street.. They are ready to beat wife if someone call her on phone by mistake..  It is not fun and cool at all.. It is sickness which must be cured..)

I think I agree to this idea or topic about jealousy specially this one belongs to man ,

because jealous man has got the right to keep his partner a way of those what to share him what really possess either something or somone .

Ella, 

I like your comment so much, you summed it up all, I guess :) 

ella said:

well...

It is your right to like something or dislike.. 

But.. If you wanna hear member'a opinions about jealousy, i will tell mine:

There is three category of jealous ppl:

- not jealous at all  ( I dont understand this kind of ppl. In this category you will find "open relationships", swingers, and many other deviaton behave..  Indifference, unconcern is not related with love. So, not my type.)

- normal jealous ( They are healthy ppl, passionate, fighters for love, carefull about family, protectors of marriage.. I support this kind of ppl)

- extreamly jealous ( They have some kind of sickness.. They are ready to suspend partner of elementary things in life, in the name of "love".. But, deep under such "love" is  his own unsecure, very low self esteem, low confidence.. and so.. Such kind of ppl are ready control every second of your life..  They are ready to make hell of life coz he suspect you look at some man while you walking on the street.. They are ready to beat wife if someone call her on phone by mistake..  It is not fun and cool at all.. It is sickness which must be cured..)

Luciiiii,

As the matter, I don't want to ignore you here.. so let me say shortly, booooooooooom :D

Luci said:

Well... I just wonder and wonder :) as AG said his cultural background differs and like it was told here before that men and women - strangers almost have no chance to meet... can anybody tell me then how in such evironment can be one jealous as both genders are "separated"? I just wanted to say that as one has no freedom to meet different gender, talk with them etc. - then people can't know the meaning of the word jealousy...nah?

it's your choice...go get it

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector
Nadira 
Paula
Onee

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Forum

Old age house

Started by dara gino in General Discussion. Last reply by dara gino 12 hours ago. 37 Replies

It is about the house of old people. In our society, we take our old mother or father there. We are able to support them but still, we take them there to spend the rest of their life. They did their best to raise us and to bring us to the society.…Continue

WIFE has/earns MORE??

Started by Onee-chan in General Discussion. Last reply by Onee-chan 10 hours ago. 55 Replies

Has the world changed?? Still, I can't believe it. I can only take a deep breath.A man had married years ago. He worked for the family, but he earned less than his wife. In the occasion of Ied-ul Fitr this year, I met and asked him where he works…Continue

Tags: wife, marriage

How about your people react toward fart and burp?

Started by Diah in General Discussion. Last reply by April on Thursday. 38 Replies

Actually I had a random conversaftion and a dare with a member here about fart so it brings up into this discussion. Have you ever practice fart? I doubt you never... :/As a human being, fart is a normal thing as well as eat. Different country,…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service