since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

Dear EC friends and for other members that are willing to share,

Could you please help me guys, how can I make people follow me? I didn't ask for such role but I don't know they thought I'm trustworthy (believe it or not, I don't think so), but since they thought so, I would like to give them what they deserve. I would like to show them at least a quarter of their expectation from me.

Now, how to become a good leader, given the fact that I will make people who are older than me, more professional than me, and more experience than me to follow/listen to me?

How? @.@

Scary.

Tags: Data, Gathering, Help, Qualitative

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TO me , I think when want people foillow or listen to you , this needs more effort in power of mind ( knowledge / wisdom )  and this means you should have features  to make people do what what you want like some famous person in history that are called leaders ,fo course there are many examples for this reagrd .

Dear Risty   , u have to do alot to make people follow u . It isn't an easy thing to do .

If  u are in a higher position.  U need lot of skills and reading  . U should know how to direct  them to achieve certain goals , and u need to make ur own style of management. 

For me being fair is the  first criteria  . Resilience  is the 2  . Our world is teemed with different people with many types of personalities  . We ought to be wise  enough  to deal with the fairly not equally  :) 

I think  if u care for the whole group of people , proving it by ur a deeds  using ur  authorities in the right way they will follow u :)

Hello, Miss Paula! Now I know why you were chosen as a new moderator. I'm gonna absorb your advice and they are all positive so no disagreement here.

I would love to know how's your experience working with the public? I wish to read that someday...

Thanks a lot!

★ღ ˚ Paula✰ •* ˚ said:

Risty there has to be a reason you were chosen.  Someone saw in you abilities that will be good for this group.  Do not over think it.  If you do.....you will cause trouble for yourself.  Be fair, be kind, be serious, be diplomatic, be hard working.  Know that all are not going to agree with you.  ...

Hello, Addel! I will keep that in mind too. :) Thanks!

Addel said:

Hi Risty,

By keep sharing the knowledge & little things and keep growing..
Wish you good luck
~Adel

Hello again, Mr. David! You are an effective motivator and a positive influence to people, no sugar coating. Thanks a lot for your time to answer my queries and to be honest, I find them helpful and hopeful that somehow I can do these things for them.

About unworthy, well...how to explain that? I have a different definition of that maybe (I've told you that;) )..

Thanks a lot, and I wish you more power and strength!

David said:

Hi again Risty,

It's great to read your reply.

Somehow you have received and mistakenly believed a harmful and dangerous message: "most of them are unworthy individuals like me". Or, possibly I've misinterpreted your 

Hello, SaLeM! I think I better read some famous speaker...:D Thanks!

SaLeM said:

TO me , I think when want people foillow or listen to you , this needs more effort in power of mind ( knowledge / wisdom )  and this means you should have features  to make people do what what you want like some famous person in history that are called leaders ,fo course there are many examples for this reagrd .

Hello, Rosemary! You are right. This is not easy. I will try my best to be fair so help me God. Thanks for your support!

Rosemary said:

Dear Risty   , u have to do alot to make people follow u . It isn't an easy thing to do .

If  u are in a higher position.  U need lot of skills and reading  . U should know how to direct  them to achieve certain goals , and u need to make ur own style of management. 

For me being fair is the  first criteria  . Resilience  is the 2  . Our world is teemed with different people with many types of personalities  . We ought to be wise  enough  to deal with the fairly not equally  :) 

I think  if u care for the whole group of people , proving it by ur a deeds  using ur  authorities in the right way they will follow u :)

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector
Nadira 
Paula
Onee

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Forum

Old age house

Started by dara gino in General Discussion. Last reply by dara gino 11 hours ago. 37 Replies

It is about the house of old people. In our society, we take our old mother or father there. We are able to support them but still, we take them there to spend the rest of their life. They did their best to raise us and to bring us to the society.…Continue

WIFE has/earns MORE??

Started by Onee-chan in General Discussion. Last reply by Onee-chan 10 hours ago. 55 Replies

Has the world changed?? Still, I can't believe it. I can only take a deep breath.A man had married years ago. He worked for the family, but he earned less than his wife. In the occasion of Ied-ul Fitr this year, I met and asked him where he works…Continue

Tags: wife, marriage

How about your people react toward fart and burp?

Started by Diah in General Discussion. Last reply by April on Thursday. 38 Replies

Actually I had a random conversaftion and a dare with a member here about fart so it brings up into this discussion. Have you ever practice fart? I doubt you never... :/As a human being, fart is a normal thing as well as eat. Different country,…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service