the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

Hay everyone...

In study any language, vocabularies play the important role besides grammar.

I'm not native speaker and i'm in the beginner level in studying english. i would like to asking you that how many vocabularies that needed for someone to master english?

please help me...

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Einstein,

erm... I don't even know how much words I need to know to 'master' my own language... What a weird question; how can you 'count' that?? And in which way that's gonna help you?? Are you gonna count how many english words you know and that will tell you if you 'master' the language?? Really???  :/

Okay, okay, if that's gonna help you and it makes you feel better, I'll use my random number generator:

There you have it. Plz, don't thank me!

Uhm, now I wonder...

None but may be endless! A weird question deserves a weird answer, so here it is one!!

May be again a "Thank you"!

MARY said:

Hello Einstein,

erm... I don't even know how much words I need to know to 'master' my own language... What a weird question; how can you 'count' that?? And in which way that's gonna help you?? Are you gonna count how many english words you know and that will tell you if you 'master' the language?? Really???  :/

Okay, okay, if that's gonna help you and it makes you feel better, I'll use my random number generator:

Uhm, now I wonder...

LOL.... Mishaikh

Mishaikh said:

None but may be endless! A weird question deserves a weird answer, so here it is one!!

Mishaikh, stop answering nonsense stuff... That's my job! ¬¬

Mishaikh said:

MARY said:

(...)

Uhm, now I wonder...

I, I Mam, Rodger,

MARY said:

Mishaikh, stop answering nonsense stuff... That's my job! ¬¬

Mishaikh said:

MARY said:

(...)

Uhm, now I wonder...

Hello 

don't worry about vocabularies its going with you in your mine just read more and more 

Well, Kisran, if you would like a serious answer, here's a link to the 2000 most commonly used English words. If you know these, you have a good foundation. As you know, most native speakers know thousands more words than they actually use in daily conversation.  The next challenge is putting them together correctly.

"if you would like a serious answer"???   
Hey Roy Lenfield, my answer might look 'funny' but it's also pretty serious ¬¬

You can memorize all these "2000 most commonly used English words" or the whole Oxford Dictionary if you like, but that doesn't mean is gonna make you write perfect essays and "master" the English language. You still can explain yourself like sh*t, no matter how many words you know.

To "Master" a language is a very important matter. You can be "fluent" in a language, or a "native speaker" and that doesn't mean you "master" the language. Actually, I can't even say that I "master" my own mother tongue because, for that, I've to study Philology as well (3/5 years of a College career)

So, you can learn and memorize all the words you want but imho, I find more interesting to do other things like reading books or any other activity more stimulating and enjoyable.

Roy Lenfield said:

Well, Kisran, if you would like a serious answer, here's a link to the 2000 most commonly used English words. If you know these, you have a good foundation. As you know, most native speakers know thousands more words than they actually use in daily conversation.  The next challenge is putting them together correctly.

Hey Guy.  Not too much but You need only 4.000 words to speak english....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

How to Report a Member
FIRST, go to the member's page. Click "Report Member" at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form and send.

Popular on EnglishClub
ESL Games
Listen to News
English Grammar
English Vocabulary
Search English Club

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Grace
Expector Smith
Nadira 
T Mal

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Learning English Games

English Prepositions List

Play and learn English. Play at home or in class. Fun and educational. Available here!

Forum

I AM WHAT I AM

Started by Susanna in General Discussion. Last reply by ★ Muhammad A. 4 hours ago. 10 Replies

Your opinion is neither desired nor required... I don't…Continue

Adding new friends.

Started by Bijan in Technical HELP. Last reply by Bijan 4 hours ago. 17 Replies

Hi!It is several days I cannot add new friends or a comment.Please, help me.Thanks,BijanContinue

Smoking

Started by dara gino in General Discussion. Last reply by Estanis on Thursday. 145 Replies

Millions of people smoke cigarettes. Do we have to join and share with them? What about our health, money and time? Are you with it, or against it? Some people say, it's useful for the creation of thoughts!

Who knows what's best for me: I or my government...?

Started by Jeffrey Raven in General Discussion. Last reply by Peppo yesterday. 12 Replies

Sometimes I have to remind myself that People and their Governments are not the same: Governments have their ideas about how a country should be run (developed), while People have their own ideas about this process.On the one hand, some counties are…Continue

© 2017   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service